Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle

Article about: Hello, Mike. Did you see my earlier comments ? I have thoroughly examined it from the outside and there are no German occupation markings. It has extremely clear Polish markings on the stock

Default Re: Pre War Rifles - my Wz.29 rifle

Hello, Mike.

Did you see my earlier comments ?

I have thoroughly examined it from the outside and there are no German occupation markings.

It has extremely clear Polish markings on the stock and crowned Polish inspection Eagles on the barrel just ahead of the bolt near the "F B Radom" markings and also on the ball of the bolt.

It only has one mismatched number on the casing of the front sight (near the cleaning rod hole - 3 figure number).

justin1939

No offense Justin but I have one just like yours. In your original post you ask an opinion and mine is that its a German captured wz.29.

My wz.29 has no German marks or waffenamts on the bolt or the rifle at all. It also has Polish inspection eagles and Polish serial numbers too.

It even has extra serial numbers on the magazine floorplate like yours does (which from what I've read the Poles did not serialize, nor the bands).

My wz.29 has a blacken bolt just like your wz.29; not in the white which again, from what I've read, was the way the Poles left their bolts. The seller said it was a German capture - I have no reason to not believe him. He is a Polish milsurp collector too.

You don'thave to agree but that's my opinion - you had asked it it was original prewar and it is - but I believe it was captured by the Germans. They added extra serial numbers and blackened some of the parts that were in the white. Its still is a very nice rifle.

Let's be honest ... c.a. 95% of polish rifles available nowadays on western market (USA/Western Europe) were captured by the Germans during WW2 ...
    It is very easy to notice that finish of the metal parts is not original polish pre-war. I wouldn't say it is WW2 also ... probably much more modern restoration. That's why in my opinion some parts got different finishing than in original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2