MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Pre-war Uniforms thread!

Article about: Hey guys post pictures of pre-war uniforms in your collection Tony lets get some close ups on the officers uniform handing on your door Ill suprise you guys one day

Default Re: Pre-war Uniforms thread!

A nice looking wz.27. Amazing condition. Let's post some pictures for posterity:

Regards, Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Uniforms thread!   Pre-war Uniforms thread!  

Pre-war Uniforms thread!   Pre-war Uniforms thread!  

Pre-war Uniforms thread!  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    A nice looking wz.27. Amazing condition. Let's post some pictures for posterity:

Regards, Tony
    Quite nice uniform! It's pity that collar tabs are missing but it's still very valuable set (as history, and money )

Looks like it never had collar tabs, I think this was the officers field uniform, there are no ribbons or holes for a badge and at a minimum he would have worn a completion of Cadet School badge (Szkola Podchorazych). Very rare, I have never seen a Model 1927 uniform for sale before...

?

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    Looks like it never had collar tabs, I think this was the officers field uniform, there are no ribbons or holes for a badge and at a minimum he would have worn a completion of Cadet School badge (Szkola Podchorazych). Very rare, I have never seen a Model 1927 uniform for sale before...
    It is garrison uniform. Field uniforms don't have such nice lining inside. In this time officer on field have jacke M1926 without lining, or with lining from worse material or up to the half of the jacket. So this is definatelly garrison jacket, and collar tabs are missing.
    I also can't agree that M1927 jacke is rarest than M1936. Many M1927 jacekt stay at officer homes because it was old model, and it's stay for the souvenir.
    It is possible also to notice that gold buttons more often appear in field uniforms, rather than silver.

I thought this jacket is much rarer seeing as the final price was high and if you look through the forum most collectors have M1936's in their collections . When I visited the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw they also did not seem to have too many M1927's. But Pre-war uniforms are not my area at all :-) I know many reserve officers had this jacket in Sept 1939.

It is a Field uniform, or polowy mundur. The fine lining just means guy had money, as the embroided 12 and rank show.

?

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    It is a Field uniform, or polowy mundur. The fine lining just means guy had money, as the embroided 12 and rank show.
    Here we have magnificent set of field coat with equipment on ebay. You can see short lining made from a little bit worst material, than in garrison uniforms. Gold buttons - very typical for field uniforms - especially for cavalry. ... woah what a set!

Original Prewar Polish Cavlary M36 Coat with Gear Estate Item See 90 Fotos | eBay

I still think that jacke wz.27 from no12 regiment is garrison uniform without collar tabs.

When it comes to comparing it pays to compare apples to apples.

Wz 36 overcoat has nothing to do with wz 27 Uniform jacket.

For a sweating infantryman a good lining would make a difference..... If Pan Oficer had money all he had to do is to ask Karol Madej from Bielsko Biala (maker of the uniform) to put a better lining in it for extra 2 zlote.....
    One has to remember these were private purchase, not issue.......
    Overcoat is worn on a uniform therefore the lining does not matter as much.

Not a Wz.27 but here is a picture of my uncle in a POW camp in 1940, I am pretty sure this is a tailor made Wz.36 jacket. He was awarded a Krzyz Walecznych in 1920 hence the line on the breast, he probably wore it before he got captured and it was taken as a war trophy...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Uniforms thread!  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast