Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question: how much was a infantry szeregowy paid in 1939?

Article about: Hello everyone I have some old Polish currency from the 1930's laying around and thought of making a display. I was thinking of displaying the regular Polish infantryman's pay. The thing is

Question Question: how much was a infantry szeregowy paid in 1939?

Hello everyone

I have some old Polish currency from the 1930's laying around and thought of making
    a display. I was thinking of displaying the regular Polish infantryman's pay. The thing
    is though, were Polish soldiers paid monthly prior to the war? I'm not really familiar
    with the Polish 1939 army makeup, but I am assuming it was a combination of conscripts
    and volunteers.

Is there any documentation from the period that exists (like a pay-grade booklet)? I
    am specifically interested in regular army soldier's pay.

I would appreciate any information on the subject! I'm not a fluent Polish reader, so I am
    unable to Google.PL the subject.

Thanks,

Artur

?

Artur,

In the reprint book Handbook of the Polish Army by the General Staff of the British War Office from 1927 it lists pay and allowances. I will need to find it for you. The book is in English and is an excellent resource on all things related to the Poland militarily during the inter-war years. I sell them for $25 if you are interested. 211 pages with lot of charts and tables.
    Piwo

Piwo,

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Artur