Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare replica of a Wz.39 Mors gun

Article about: Hey guys, I know its a replica gun but Its still nice to see as Ive never seen a original in my life.Does anyone have a original gun?Or maybe period pictures of the gun in use??It sold for 1

3mk
    ?

Default Rare replica of a Wz.39 Mors gun

Hey guys,
    I know its a replica gun but Its still nice to see as Ive never seen a original in my life.Does anyone have a original gun?Or maybe period pictures of the gun in use??It sold for 1200 zloty a couple of years ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare replica of a Wz.39 Mors gun   Rare replica of a Wz.39 Mors gun  

Default Re: Rare replica of a Wz.39 Mors gun

btt

Yes I've seen a few of this ones, deactivated, the replica is probebly more expencive than the deactivated one.

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Yes I've seen a few of this ones, deactivated, the replica is probebly more expencive than the deactivated one.
    Now that's a good one As far as i know there are known 3 survived Mors pistols worldwide (one in Warsaw, Moscow and Budapest) and the total production till the start of war was ... 54

Well, I understand that it's even rarer than that...Apparently 2 turned up in the Central Museum of the Armed Forces in Moscow in 1983-4. Out of a total of 36 plus 3 prototypes manufactured only these 2 are known to exist, 1 was presented to the Polish Armed Forces Museum in Warsaw in the mid 80's the other is still in Moscow. I'll have to look into the Budapest connection as I am unaware of that weapon.

Regards, Ned.

Edit: The Budapest connection is stated on Wikipedia and copied verbatim on many other forums. There is no information I can find of other sources for this 3rd weapon's existance, so on balance, I personally don't believe it exists.
    Last edited by big ned; 05-22-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Additional info.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Few months ago Museum of Polish Army in Warsaw released a shot footage about Mors wz.39 - worth to see

Mors wz.39 - MWP Warszawa

Quote by pat15567 View Post
    Now that's a good one As far as i know there are known 3 survived Mors pistols worldwide (one in Warsaw, Moscow and Budapest) and the total production till the start of war was ... 54
    You know what, I looked it up... and I was mistaken... very mistaken, I thought it was some kind of finish Smg... and then I found out it was a Polish smg?
    Sorry

Would someone post about the wz.39 Mors in the new sticky on Polish firearms please. Please include photos and as much knowledge about that you are able. Thanks.