Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Roth Steyr pistol, 10th Dragoons Regiment, Krakow

Article about: Here is a photo of a recently purchased (unfortunately not by me) Roth Steyr M1912 pistol issued to the Austro Hungarian 10th Dragoons Regiment in Krakow. Austro Hungarian firearms were ofte

Default Roth Steyr pistol, 10th Dragoons Regiment, Krakow

Here is a photo of a recently purchased (unfortunately not by me) Roth Steyr M1912 pistol issued to the Austro Hungarian 10th Dragoons Regiment in Krakow. Austro Hungarian firearms were often used by the Polish military in nascent Polish 2nd Republic.

Last edited by dastier; 04-24-2012 at 02:32 AM.

?

Default Re: Roth Steyr pistol, 10th Dragoons Regiment, Krakow

You forgot the photo.
    Roth Steyrs are ungainly looking with an interesting history to them.
    Look forward to pics

Had trouble uploading files today. Now fixed.

?

It looks to be in fine condition for it age.
    In spite of it being a 8mm, I hope you get to shoot the Repetieristole M7 a couple of times a year.....and that you have plenty of stripper clips.

Quote by Scout View Post
    It looks to be in fine condition for it age.
    In spite of it being a 8mm, I hope you get to shoot the Repetieristole M7 a couple of times a year.....and that you have plenty of stripper clips.
    Unfortunately its not mine. Perhaps the owner will come by and post some other pics.

Itakdalej, would you repost your info on the ethnic composition of the 10th Dragoons. please.

Bohmisches Dragoner Regiment "Furst von Lichtenstein" Nr 10. Stationed in Krakow.

62% Chechs
    29% German
    9% Other.

From a German Wikipedia article: tracing its lineage back to previous evolutions this regiment was in existence for 287 years, the oldest regiment of dragoons, and the second oldest regiment of the entire Austro-Hungarian cavalry. The regiment fought in the Polish War of Succession under the name "Batthyányi". On August 21, 1914 it fought at the cavalry Battle of Jaroslaw. After the proclamation of Czechoslovakia as an independent state in October 1918, the Czech-born soldiers were called by the interim government to halt fighting and return home which, the article states, they did.

Default Re: Roth Steyr pistol, 10th Dragoons Regiment, Krakow - Additional information

Here is some additional information that I found out about Dragonerregiment Fürst von Liechtenstein Nr.10.

Collar rank tabs:
    Described as sulphur yellow.

List of Regiment membersl. Sorry I can't translate German:

I found an interesting web site. While its not about Polish prewar forces, it provides info on the Austro Hugarian Army into which many Poles were conscripted. (my own great grandfather was in the cavalry of Kaiser Franz Joseph I)

Austro-Hungarian Army - Armed Forces 1914

Interestingly most Poles were to be found in the Ulanenregimenters. The Dragonerregiments were predominantly Czech and German, and the Husarenregimenters Magyar.