Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread

Article about: Dear All, I would like to add new thread, "September Connections" Polish items (September Campaign 1939), Brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldiers. Please fe

?

"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread

?

"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers ThreadAntos , The same photo you have is the one I have, but with color.

Robek, Thank you so much for the photos! Thank you for sharing! First photo; Beautiful mountain troops hat 1919 or 1937 pattern ("Kapelusz Podhalanski wz.1919 or wz.1937") ?
    Also, great "Rogatywka" cap, 1935 pattern?

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Last edited by AlexKG200; 08-31-2015 at 02:26 PM.

?

Alex !

I have a few similar "Rogatywkas" model 35 / wz 35/ ,but not mountain troops one yet.Always missing something for my collection.That's a life.

Regards

Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread   "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread   "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

For at least two years I had been meaning to start a separate thread on the topic of the Zeughaus “Der Feldzug in Polen” exposition of 1940. Alex’s thread seems an appropriate place to introduce this topic.

The Zeughaus was a historic building in Berlin that during the Third Reich was given the function of a propaganda center, one of the purposes being “instruction in the spirit of warfare”. To coincide with the annual German Armed Forces Day displays of trophies from the lands of German conquest were organized here. The first display was of course devoted to the Polish Campaign, and was apparently followed in 1941 with displays of items following the swift German victories in France and the Low Countries.

A large quantity of Polish equipment, uniforms and looted militaria was shipped to the Zeughaus in the months following the September 1939 Campaign, and these materials were put on display as captured in the fascinating photo below. To date this is the only photo from this exposition that I have seen. Does anyone know of more photographs and/or any sort of media coverage from this event in particular, but also those held in subsequent years?

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Robert, I love your "Rogatywka" model 35, Thank you for sharing.
    Tony, Great topic about The Zeughaus exposition, Thank you kindly. Please find the below photos, I suppose The Zeughaus 1941 display; Polish and French flags, Tommy helmet, et cetera.

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread   "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

Aleks, thank you. Fascinating photos. Hopefully more can be found.

The obvious question raised is whatever happened to these items?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony, Thank you. I read somewhere a few years ago that Flags went to Moscow in 1945, very few returned by Soviets to The Polish Army Museum in Warsaw after WW2.

Regards
    Alex

The answer as to what happened to the Flags is in the book by Colonel Kazimierz Satora, " Stories of September Banners ". This is monumental job, Satora explains the "stories ". "Stories " of every banner.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast