Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread

Article about: Dear All, I would like to add new thread, "September Connections" Polish items (September Campaign 1939), Brought back to Germany as a souvenir by the Wehrmacht soldiers. Please fe

?

Hi Alex !

Ha ha ha ................I wanted to show that picture yesterday but my computer was acting up. The picture you're showing is only half of what I have. I found it on Ebay a couple years ago, I was satisfied with it.

Regards

Robek

Tony, Thank you kindly for your post!
    Robek, I really sorry, It wasn't my intention to being the first
    Gents, few more photos.
    1. German soldiers remove Polish government The Polish State Forests insignia at the Polish– Gdansk (Danzig) border near Sopot (Zoppot)
    2. German soldiers removing Polish government insignia in Gdynia (Gotenhafen from 19.09.1939 to 28.03.1945)
    Last two photos; captured Polish Eagle emblems.

Kind Regards
    A.S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread   "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread   "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

?

Alex !

Don't worry.

On the last photo is another view of this image is that's posted on # 12 and 5. The top brass viewing what appears to be a trumpet banner with 8 Mounted Rifle Regiment. / Adolf Hitler and Heinrich Himmler /

Regards

Robek

Two more captured standards..

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  
    Attached Images Attached Images "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread 

...captured Polish equipment: helmets wz.31 (1931 pattern), and wz.15 (15 pattern). Pictures from the NAC, Narodowe Archiwum Cyfrowe (National Digital Archive)

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread   "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

"September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

Luftwaffe soldiers watching captured Polish military equipment.
    Pictures from the NAC, Narodowe Archiwum Cyfrowe (National Digital Archive)

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread  

Hand painted sign ”Er ist gerupft” (mean in this context ”The plucked eagle”) on Wehrmacht truck, or captured truck during September Campaign 1939.

Regards
    Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images "September Connections" Polish Items Brought Back to Germany as Souvenirs by Wehrmacht Soldiers Thread 

A trumpet banner, for the 4th Horse Rifles of Leczycka Land, 4 Pulk Strzelcow Konnych Ziemi Leczyckiej captured by the Wehrmacht soldiers (September Campaign 1939)

..more captured standards.

Kind Regards
    Alex

Alex, I am afraid You are spreading german propaganda....

Colonel Kazimierz Satora in his book says that the only thing that was Captured was the 4th SK Trumpet banner.....

One standard that the german feature prominently was gotten by betrayal, a volksdeutch told german where it was hidden in Church. So the word "captured " would not apply.

Also look at how many Regiments fought in 1939, and look at the Zeughaus display in Berlin....

There were 10 Polish Armies with many Regiments fighting, if you look at numbers and compare it , even their propaganda numbers of "captured" Standards are very small comparing to how many Regiments with Standards there were.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast