Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Silver hat eagle

Article about: I need some info on this . Who's the manufacturer? What historical period does it belong to, etc? Is it silver.In the shield we can clearly see the figure 1. Unfortunately the eagle's wing i

vo100
    ?

Default Silver hat eagle

I need some info on this Silver hat eagleSilver hat eagle. Who's the manufacturer? What historical period does it belong to, etc?
    Is it silver.In the shield we can clearly see the figure 1. Unfortunately the eagle's wing is broken.

Thans a lot in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver hat eagle  

Welcome to the forum. This appears to be a pre-Polish 2nd Republic (pre-1919) eagle, quite possibly Legion era, 1914-18. These were not typically produced in silver, although rare exceptions are known to have been made. I suspect this one is high nickel content alloy (alpaca). I'll try to get more info via another channel and get back to you.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

vo100
    ?

Dear Tony,

I brought the item to the jeweler and got the confirmation that the hat badge is silver. I hope that this info will add in the identification of the item.
    Thanks in advanceb for your replies!