Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some kind of Polish dagger

Article about: Hi guys, I would like a little help with this one please, a bit outside of my knowledge. The guy that brought it to me says it is Polish WW2, but I have no idea. To give some idea of scale,

Default Some kind of Polish dagger

Hi guys, I would like a little help with this one please, a bit outside of my knowledge. The guy that brought it to me says it is Polish WW2, but I have no idea. To give some idea of scale, the total length of a sheath is 9 inches from end to end. Odd fleur de lys insignia on the handle. Sorry for the poor pics, working with a flatbed scanner.

Some idea of value would be great too, as he is trying to sell it to me.

Some kind of Polish daggerSome kind of Polish dagger

Default Re: Some kind of Polish dagger

It is marked on the handle 'Gerlach - hierozewne'

Not 100% sure on the last word but it is something close to that.

Gerlach - nierdzewne
    Gerlach is a maker name and nierdzewne means rust free or stainless
    It is not military but rather hunting / fishing knife

- - Updated - -

It is actually scout knife - harcerstwo
    The knife is called finka

Great work mate, thanks very much. The fleur de lys makes much more sense now with the scout connection. I imagine these are not particularly valuable?

KradSpam – the knife you pictured brings back pleasant memories for me. I spent two summers in Poland as a young boy back in the 1970’s, and my mom bought me the exact same knife while we were there. It was purchased brand new at the time, so that gives you an idea of production era. I still have that knife somewhere stored away - forgotten until now!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    KradSpam – the knife you pictured brings back pleasant memories for me. I spent two summers in Poland as a young boy back in the 1970’s, and my mom bought me the exact same knife while we were there. It was purchased brand new at the time, so that gives you an idea of production era. I still have that knife somewhere stored away - forgotten until now!

Cheers,
    Tony
    Nice to hear Tony, I'm glad to be of service

?

In such knives Polish Boy Scouts were equipped. In Polish they were called "FINKA" DD