MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Today's Prices!

Article about: Hello All, As expected (inflation you know), prices of Polish militaria has begun to creep up. However, recently I have seen some insane prices, especially on Allegro. Items are going for 2x

?

Default Today's Prices!

Hello All,

As expected (inflation you know), prices of Polish militaria has begun to creep up. However, recently I have seen some insane prices, especially on Allegro. Items are going for 2x, 3x, or even 4x what they were only a couple of years ago. It is pricing me out of the market almost!

Has anyone else noticed this? Thoughts as to the reason for this trend?

Cheers,

Brandon

The minimum wage has increased in the UK ?

Hi Brandon,

Aside from pre-war uniform items, I haven’t quite noticed any steep incline in market values, Tunics and headwear have gone off the chart over the past decade. Otherwise, prices seem to be all over the map. While one the one hand some pieces are setting high water marks, such as a 1SBS combat para wing that sold a couple of weeks back (topic covered in the PSZ forum), others are stagnant. Last Saturday’s DESA auction was a good example. DESA is not known for low prices, but there were some steals to be had. On the flip side, a small handful hit the stratosphere.

Can you offer any examples of items “going for 2x, 3x, or even 4x what they were only a couple of years ago.”?

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Off the top of my head, almost all KWs and especially the more scarce variants. Also the basic Krzyz Legionowy are selling for upwards of 500 to 1000 zl even....crazy prices for these.

A recent example where I was bested was for a wzor 2 Orleta badge; non-enameled in tombac for 1000 zl. I do no think this would have fetched more than 300 or 400 zl a few years ago.