Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Tracing units attached to 36 Dywizji Piechoty

Article about: Good day I am trying to trace three communication units attached to 36 Dywizji Piechoty which was part of Armia Prusy during the chaos of the September campaign. The units are mentioned in W

Default Tracing units attached to 36 Dywizji Piechoty

Good day

I am trying to trace three communication units attached to 36 Dywizji Piechoty which was part of Armia Prusy during the chaos of the September campaign. The units are mentioned in Wikipedia 36 Dywizja Piechoty (II RP).

They are:

Pluton Łączności KG nr 47 (6 btelegr w Jarosławiu)
    Kompania Telefoniczna nr 47 (6 btelegr w Jarosławiu)
    Drużyna Parkowa Łączności nr 47 (6 btelegr w Jarosławiu)

I have only one book from the reference list "Armia Prusy by Jan Wroblewski" but there is no mention of these units. The other reference titles are hard to come by and not widely held by libraries.

Could I respectfully trouble someone who might have copies of the other listed publications to check for these three communication units and email or message me the page?

The titles are:

Bogumił Kacperski, Jan Zbigniew Wroniszewski - Końskie i powiat konecki 1939-1945
    Marian Wikiera - Końskie zarys dziejów
    Henryk Wielecki, Rudolf Sieradzki - Wojsko polskie 1921 - 1939 organizacja i odznaki artylerii wyd. "Ajaks" 1994
    Bohdan Królikowski, - Czas ułanów wyd. Bellona Warszawa 1993
    Wojciech Zalewski, - Piotrków 1939 wyd. Bellona Warszawa 2000
    Jan Garbacz - Dni września 1939 roku na ziemi koneckiej wyd. Końskie 1992

Thanks in advance for your patience
    Chris.........

Default Re: Tracing units attached to 36 Dywizji Piechoty

Hi Chris, I looked through my copy of the Henryk Wielecki, Rudolf Sieradzki 'Polish Army 1921-1939 - Artillery Organization and Badges', but could not find any references to the communications units you are seeking information about. As you can imagine, the book is for the most part devoted to the artillery regiments. Good luck in your search.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Tracing units attached to 36 Dywizji Piechoty

Good morning Tony and thanks for checking!

That's one crossed off the list. I imagine within one of the books whether it be an artillery, cavalry or army group operational narrative it will likely only be a small passing reference. This has been my experience with this type of research and is all I require.

Chris.......