Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown skull badge origional or replica?

Article about: hello i recently have found this Unknown skull badge on a classified website in my area and dont know if it is a fake or origional, he has a bunch of items but this one cought my eye im not

Default Unknown skull badge origional or replica?

hello i recently have found this Unknown skull badge on a classified website in my area and dont know if it is a fake or origional, he has a bunch of items but this one cought my eye im not to shure on what it is or if its a replica or not by the looks of it (sorry but it the only picture i have of it at the moment). i tryed to do some reacherch on it and only found 1 picture that looked like it and it said it was a WW2Germany GS skull dead head badge but found no information on it. what can you guys tell me about this skull badg i have never seen anything like it. also 1 more thing he also has an ammo pouche i think they are Bulgarian WW1 Mannlicher Ammo Pouch just want to conferm if they are thanx!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown skull badge origional or replica?   Unknown skull badge origional or replica?  

Default Re: Unknown skull badge origional or replica?

Not TR that I have seen please correct me if im wrong have any pics of the back?
    WW1 ?

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 11-22-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

hey, sorry but im not sure, ill try to get pictures of the back as soon as i can ill email the guy righ know for more pics

Like the medals, it may also be Polish.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Prehaps a FREIKORP type badge or foreign piece,not 3rd reich by any means.

Doing some online research, I found that the skull badge is Polish, that the "GS" stands for Góra Straceń and that it has to do with the battle of Lviv in 1918.

I cannot provide much more data (much less comment on authenticity), as most of the available information is in Polish - which I unfortunately don't speak a word of - but it might point you in the right direction for further research.

Some finds from my search:

odznaka GS? - Ogólnopolski miesiêcznik ODKRYWCA
    POLAND, MEDAL, GORA STRACENIA (SECTOR MOUNTAIN OF EXECUTION - LWOW) 1918
    POLAND, MEDAL, GORA STRACENIA (SECTOR MOUNTAIN OF EXECUTION - LWOW) 1918
    Украинский историко-фортификаци ¾Ð½Ð½Ñ‹Ð¹ форум • Просмотр темы - ЗУНÐ* и польско-украинская война 1918-19 гг.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 11-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.

THANK YOU! thats pritty mutch what i needed from those websites, alot of google translater was required but i got what i needed pritty much

thank you everybody!