Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hi Everyone,

I found these on the internet the other night and thought that I would share them with you, paintings and photographs of General Broni Stanislaw Szeptycki.

Virtuti Militari Thread

1916 coloured drawing of Plk Szeptycki

Virtuti Militari Thread

Early 1920s photograph of General Broni Stanislaw Szeptycki

Virtuti Militari Thread

Another photograph of General Szeptycki

Virtuti Militari Thread

Painting of General Broni Stanislaw Szeptycki in the Army Museum in Warsaw

Virtuti Militari Thread

A photograph of General Szeptycki at his desk

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Broni Stanislaw Szeptycki Uniform on display in the Army Museum in Warsaw

Virtuti Militari Thread

Portrait of General Broni Stanislaw Szeptycki also on display in the Army Museum in Warsaw

I sincerely hope that you all enjoy the above photographs and Paintings

As Always Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 09-05-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Andrzejku thanks. Yes indeed, very enjoyable looking over those images. To better tie these into this thread, General Szeptycki was awarded VM # 2520. It was of the early Krupski & Matulewicz production series with the barrel suspension.

Pictured below is a VM of this series that was twenty-eight numbers removed from Szeptycki’s cross. The barrel suspensions proved to be a weakness and would frequently break off, hence the revision introduced in later series utilizing an ‘ear’ that held an intermediate ring which joined the ribbon ring to the cross.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Is #3 early Krupski & Matulewicz production?Virtuti Militari Thread

Hi Mariusz, Yes, it certainly appears to be a KiM. Is the reverse numbered?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

here it is #371
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hi Everyone,

I just thought that you might like to see one of the first Virtuti Militari awards Legitymacja not numbered in the conventional way but with Roman Numerals:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Numbered: XI and awarded to Plk Andrzej Kopa a member of the Orders Chapter.

Then another award Legitymacja awarded to Boleslaw Feliks Stachon

Virtuti Militari Thread

I hope that you enjoy them

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi everyone,

I just thought that I would add a photograph pf the Grave of General Brygady pil. Stachon at Breda

Virtuti Militari Thread

I hope that you like it

best wishes

Andrzejku

Andrzejku, I noticed from his grave marker that this Polish airman had died in 1941. This, his VM award and his rank piqued my interest and I tried to learn something about Boleslaw Feliks Stachon.

Well turns out he was quite the famous Polish aviator, but as I don't read or speak Polish, Google Translate was of limited help. Would you provide us some background about General Stachon (who I gather was posthumously promoted to general and held the rank of colonel at his death).

Thank you.

But I did find this link to the Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow which does have an English version. It looks interesting and has digital archives at the following address for those interested:

Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    here it is #371
    Interestingly, I used to own this VM with a damaged suspension, also #371. It is a Knedler pattern replacement whereas yours is the government issue cross.

Regards,
    Tony

Attached Images Attached Images Virtuti Militari Thread 

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast