Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Simon, sorry for overlooking your question. Here's side by side comparison to a silver hallmarked Sosnowski VM. Immediately visible is the difference in thickness. Otherwise it's difficult to compare the finer details to due the difference in condition. Click on the pic to maximize size:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

What year is this medal?

Hi Dave, I'll throw a dart and say 1970s. Quite probably a product of Polish based maker Panasiuk. The ribbon is also has the appearance and texture of a Polish communist era type.

Regards, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

now in France
    Superbe Groupe Roumanie Pologne Russie | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hi Igor, thanks for sharing that. An "export grade" Reising made 4th Class VM. I'm away from my award list but will check later for the name of the individual who received #508.

Regards,
    Tony

VM 4th Class #0508 was awarded to Major Ioan Penes of Rumania on February 22, 1922.

Regards,
    Tony

Thank you !

Hi Everyone!
    My latest purchase is a VM made by Wabinski. I need your opinion on this cross.
    Thank you,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hi Gents!

Is it Panasiuk copy or good pre-WW2 "wtórnik"?

Regards
    Tom

Two birds with one stone:

The Wabinski cross is genuine, although the ribbon ring is not typical for these crosses. IMO it is a replacement taken off a post war decoration.

Tom, your cross is a well-worn post war made cross that very well could have served “wtórnik” duty for a veteran, as these copies often were.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast