Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

I cannot thank you enough Andrzej. My step-father will be very pleased to receive this information. I will most certainly be booking him a trip to London for a reading of his fathers service records. If you would like any pictures of his medals or further information, please do not hesitate to ask. Again, thank you. Great work. Alisson.

Dee
    ?

Default Virtuti Miirari Medal - Teofil Pozyczka

The Virtuti Miirari Medal was granted to Teofil Pozyczka according the Order no. 18 of the Commander of Polish Air Forces dated on 18 August 1941.

Teofil was my Husband's Father & we have all of his medals

Hello Dee,

May I also be the first to welcome you to the Forum and if I might ask would it be possible for you to post photographs of your Father in Laws awards, I am sure that all the members would appreciate them.

Many thanks and once again Welcome to the Forum,

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

VM #5327. Who was awarded with it? Thank you fellows

Hello Simon,

The Virtuti Militari silver cross Numbered 5327 was awarded to:

Surname : KULCZYNSKI

Christian Name : ALEKSANDER

Unit : Legion Pulawski

Hope that the above helps you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Simon,

The Virtuti Militari silver cross Numbered 5327 was awarded to:

Surname : KULCZYNSKI

Christian Name : ALEKSANDER

Unit : Legion Pulawski

Hope that the above helps you.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    That helps a lot Andrzej, thanks a lot

Hello Everyone,

A couple more Faces of recipients of the Virtuti Militari Silver Cross this time one British & one New Zealander

Virtuti Militari Thread

Lieutenant General Neil Methuen Ritchie Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered 9143

Virtuti Militari Thread

Flight Lieutenant NZ412659 Stanley George Culliford Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered 8804 for Operation "MOTYL" (Butterfly), 25th July 1944 took off from Brindisi (Italy) and flew the 6 Hour Flight to Poland and back in a Dakota to pick up 5 Polish VIP's and V2 components and Technical Drawings. Flt Culliford also received the D.S.O. from the British.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Andrzej,

Another task for you, so you won't get bored

Shed some light, please on the owner of VM cross # 9078

Big thanks,
    Simon

Hello Simon,

Many thanks for your post requesting information on the Recipient of the Silver Virtuti Militari Cross Numbered : 9078

The Cross was awarded to :

Surname : SOBISZCZUK

Christian Name : Boleslaw

Date of Birth : 4th March 1916

Place of Birth : Krasnystaw

Service Number : 780064

Squadron : 300 Squadron

He is listed as being a Air Gunner when the award was made (Prof. Wesolowski's Book)

Virtuti Militari Thread

Photogrpah taken at RAF Hemswell in 1941 of the Crew of his aircraft, Back row 2nd from the left Sierz. Boleslaw Sobieszczuk (Navigator) 3rd from the Left P/O Jasinski Pilot.

Therefore between his award and the taking of the photograph he changed his position in the plane from Air Gunner to Navigator.

By the end of the war Boleslaw Sobieszczuk was a Kapitan (F/Lt) Service Number : P1530.

After the end of the war Boleslaw stayed in the UK, where his became a British Citizen, Notice given in the London Gazette Issue : 38666, Page : 3471 Dated 15th July 1949 he was listed as follows :

Sobieszczuk, Boleslaw, Poland, Navigator (Civil Air Line), 25 Norfolk Square, London, W 2, 31st May 1949.

Simon some time after this he also changed his name, but unfortunately I could not find any reference to Deed Pole in the London Gazette. Boleslaw changed His Name to John B Weston and His death was registered on the 7th February 1997 in Portugal.

That is all that I could find for you on this person, my bill is in the post.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Again Simon,

Apologies I forgot to put Boleslaw Sobieszczuk pre September 1939 Service details he served as a Kapral (Corporal) Air Gunner with 211 Eskadra Bomber, flying in the P37 Los Bomber.

Best wishes & Apologies

Andrzej

Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast