Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

?

Andrzej, you are invaluable
    Thank you very much

Hello Everyone,

Another Virtuti Militari Legit found on the internet,

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legit Nr 5517 awarded to Porucznik Józef Czapski.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

One found on e-Bay:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Here's a rarely seen government issue and "daily wear" VM set. The official issue cross if of course Krupski-Matulewicz made, and the copy is a seldom seen Kazimierz Gajewski product.

Brief bio of the original owner from the auction listing: Alexander Winiarski (born February 26, 1890) served as a signals officer in the 1st Legion Infantry Regiment. After the Polish-Russian War of 1919-20 he worked briefly in the Post Office / Telegraph ministry and then in 1923 returned to serve as an army officer. During the German and Russian invasion of September 1939 he served in the rank of lieutenant colonel as Army Lublin's Signal Corps CO.

Virtuti Militari nr 5914 (Legiony) 2 krzy

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Aren't there 2 different numbers? 5913 on KiM and 7913 on KG

Hi Simon, yes, I noticed that also. But on second (and very close) look it could just be a sloppy “5”. To a degree I’m giving the seller the benefit of the doubt here.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following Legitymacja looking on the internet:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Legitymacja Nr 75 awarded to Podporucznik Wladyslaw Broszczakowski

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Miltari Silver Cross Legitymacja Nr 788 awarded to Podporucznik Emil Slatynski

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Legitymacja Nr 5419 Kapral Tadeusz Strug Galecki

I hope that you approve of the above

Best wishes

Andrzej

p,s, click to enlarge in a new window

Hello Everyone,

Another Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Legitymacja from the internet

Virtuti Militari Thread

Awarded to Kazimierz Witkowski St Ulan (Lance Corporal Cavalry) 9PUL.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I just thought that I would share this photograph found on the net whilst surfing

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Diploma and presentation tube for diploma awarded to Kapitan pil. Julian Kowalski signed by General Sikorski

Best wishes

Andrzej

Here is a super rare set, I purchased this from W. Stela a known Polish militaria expert.
    Cross was missing the supension and it had tin splashed all over from a previous repair.
    Cross was repaired by a Jeweler in Krakow, who also happens to be my Brother.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast