Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Default re: Virtuti Militari Thread

Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back?

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

ccj
    ?

My understanding of this type is that its a post war copy.

Here's mine...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

So it's actually not an original exile example?

ccj
    ?

No, hopefully at some point we can clear up all the posts and have all real examples posted with makers, if known.
    You have a good idea having a VM only thread. I've helped all I can. I have three real VMs and one copy.
    Tony has been a most helpful person with medals. He and a few others would be the most helpful with posting real examples and clearing out our mistakes.

Ok , but save this photos for a moment. I have to show them to my seller with comments and cancel transaction ( don't want to spend cash on a fake) and lately we'll delete photos of this cross.

Cheers.

Hi Semper,

Charles is correct, this appears to be a post war copy, mimicking the pre-war Jan Knedler pattern. This is not an ‘official’ issue cross for the PSZnZ. Best case scenario would be that it was owned by a veteran as a replacement cross. Although reading between the lines of your questions there may be no such a connection.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

Werent such Vm`s awarded to members of the Polish resistance when they made it to Britain after the war?

ccj
    ?

That would be good news for me as I have one in my collection but I doubt most would agree. It's actually fairly nice but not near the quality of my others.

Told the seller that I will pass. Won't put my money on copy .Rather will put them on for a real awards
    Thx for opinions guys.
    BTW.Also have 1 original virtuti : ) -pre-war wtórnik .Posted photos when starting the thread.

Cheers.

Ok.Please delete photos of this fake.Cancelled the deal .

Cheers.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast