Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello Everyone,

Whilst surfing I found the following Virtuti Militari Legitymacja :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Awarded to Plut. Jan Sowiński, 5 Dyw Syb. (by 1933 he had been promoted to Sierz. and awarded the KN and KW).

Virtuti Militari Thread

Unfortunately unable to read the Number on the Legitymacja.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Awarded to Mat.Wojenna Jan Myślisz.

Best wishes for 2020

Andrzej

Here is a S.P. or posthumous award of Virtuti Militari for Captain Filip Smilowski.
    Captain Filip Smilowski was a Polish Jew and a Legionnaire. As a Legionare he fought with 1st Regiment of Legions.
    In 1920 Cpt Smilowski commanded a Company in 15th Infantry Regiment.
    In first days of June 1920 Cpt Smilowski was wounded in both legs in a Battle of Mozyrz.
    His soldiers tried to get Him off the Battlefield, however after one of the soldiers died and the other got wounded , Cpt Smilowski shot himself in the head, not to be taken prisoner by the soviets.
    Cześć jego Pamięci !!!
    R.I.P.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Captain Smilowski was awarded a " heart of Lodz " award.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following Legitymacja and Photographs whilst surfing yesterday :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered : 5149 awarded to Ppor. Jan Bączkowski whilst serving in the 16PUL

Virtuti Militari Thread

Ppor Jan Bączkowski no doubt when serving with the 16PUL

Virtuti Militari Thread

Por Jan Bączkowski still with the 16PUL

Born on the 20th January 1898 also awarded the KW by 1932 Officers Yearbook pages : 153, 628 he was by then a Rtm. serving in the 1PULK.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Whilst surfing this afternoon I came across the following Virtuti Militari Legitymacja, which I just thought I would share with you all :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered 5303 awarded to Władysław Raczkiewicz later in WW2 President of the Polish Republic in Exile in Paris and London.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Whilst looking over the internet yesterday I came across the following Legitymacja, which although already posted the photograph you will agree is much better.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered : 7851 awarded to Kapitan Alfons Alfred Zgrzebniok.

Born 16th August 1891, he was conscripted into the german army during WW1 and was wounded 3 times after the war ended he joined the POW and lead the first Silesian Uprising. and was one of the chief commanders during the Second and Third Uprising's.

In 1923 he left the Army and started Teaching but after 4 years he signed up for the Army and for 4 years was attached to the Polish Delegation in Danzig. He died from an Heart attack on the 31st January 1937.

Apart from the Virtuti Militari he was also awarded the KNzM, OOP, KW x 4, ZKZ. etc.

Virtuti Militari Thread

photograph from the early 1930's

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I found the following image on the internet the other day :

Virtuti Militari Thread

The Awards and Legitymacja of General Brygady Zygmunt Podhorski

Knights Cross Numbered : 17

Gold Cross Numbered : 127

Silver Cross Numbered : 2552

Along with the Legitymacja awarded in 1933 Numbered : 2552.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following the other day :

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legit Numbered : 6633 to Kpt. (later Major) Henryk Janusz Floyar-Rajchman.

Born on the 7th December 1893 in Warszawa, during the IIRP he was also awarded the Grand Cross OOP, KN, KW x 4, ZKZ, SKZ, etc.

He died in New York on the 22nd March 1951 and his body was repatriated in 2016 to Warszawa.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 ... LastLast