Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello Everyone,

I came across this photograph this morning :

London 16th November 1942 Rubens Hotel.

Virtuti Militari Thread

General broni Władysław Sikorski awarding the Virtuti Militari and Cross of Valour to Rtm. Józef Zabielski 24PUL. Virtuti Militari Silver Cross Numbered : 9677.

Józef Zabielski, Born on the 21st October 1902, was a member of the first group to parachute into Poland, he survived the war and died on the 31st May 1981 in London.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Here is a self published booklet with Silent and Unseen poetry. " The Eagles will come back "

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Default Stanislaw Reisling VM No. 753 with original packet envelope

Dear Fellows,

I would like to share with you my VM No. 753 4th Class, when I bought it came with its original jewelers envelope with the number stamped on the back. Can someone on internet land advise me who it would have originally been awarded to?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Nobody. Unissued.

Hello Everyone,

Another Virtuti Militari Legitymacja :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legitymacja Numbered : 4166 awarded to Kapral Marian Migdal later Chor. 19PUL

All the above is for sale on Allegro, click on the link below :

Zestaw dokumentow 19 Pułk Ułanow Wołyńskich 9340312150 - Allegro.pl

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Further to my post Numbered 529 in this thread, I have found some more information and photographs of the Recipient Kpt. Ernest Angelo

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari and Legit Numbered 2485

Ernest Angelo was born on the 25th February 1898, and during the Polish-Soviet war he was serving in the 28PSK with the rank of St.Sierzant, he was promoted to Porucznik on the 1st June 1920 and was still serving in the 28pp in the 1923 Rocznik Oficerski.

Along with the Virtuti Militari silver Cross he also received the Cross of Valour Numbered 55117

Virtuti Militari Thread

Cross of Valour and legit Numbered 55117 (click to enlarge the photograph in a new page).

Virtuti Militari Thread

Photograph taken on the 1st October 1925, Por. Ernest Angelo is sitting 2nd from the right.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Signet Ring of the 84PP presented to Por. Ernest Angelo in 1928

Virtuti Militari Thread

Kpt. Ernest Angelo promoted 1st January 1929 (in the 1932 Rocznik Oficerski (Officers Yearbook) he is listed as being 25th in Seniority)

Virtuti Militari Thread

Awarded the Cross of Independence in 1932

followed by the award of the Silver Cross of Merit in 1938

Virtuti Militari Thread

Silver Cross of Merit and both the 10 Years and 20 Years Long Service Medals dyplom's.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Membership Card of the Rifle Association.

In the September 1939 Campaign he was a Prisoner of War after the surrender of Warsaw and spent the rest of the war in a POW Camp, but he survived the war, unfortunately I could not find anything further about him.

please remember to click all the photographs to enlarge

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following whilst surfing and thought I would post it :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered : 3261

Awarded to Por. Wincenty Brożych, Born on the 5th April 1901, when awarded the Legitymacja he was a Porucznik serving in the 2PALLeg., he had been promoted to Porucznik on the 31st August 1926 and was 6th in Seniority.

By 1939 he was still serving in the 2PALLeg., but by then had been promoted to Kapitan and had also been awarded the Silver Cross of Merit.

In the September Campaign he served in the 55PAL, after being captured by the germans, he was sent to Oflag VIIA in Murnau, where his Prisoner of War Number was : 15088.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

On the 3 pages shown above can be seen clearly the entry for Kpt. Wincenty Brożych.

All the above are from captured records kept by the germans and when the Prisoner of War Camp was liberated by the 101st Cavalry Regiment of the US Army they found 5,435 Polish Officers of various ranks including 23 Generals.

The above records are now held in the USA.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

A Few more Faces and Legitymacja's of Recipients of the Virtuti Militari

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legitymacja Numbered 6644 awarded to Plk.Dr. (Later General Dyw. Felicjan Sławoj Składkowski.

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legitymacja Numbered 5769 awarded to Sierz. (Later Kpt.) Adolf Jusof.

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Dyplom awarded to Rtm. Kazimierz Romański.

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legitymacja Numbered 5090 awarded to Rtm. Kazimierz Romański.

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legitymacja Numbered 2420 awarded to Sierz. (Later St.Sierz) Marian Pelc.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Major Stanisław Moszyński VM Numbered 5465 awarded when a Rtm. (portrait painted whilst a POW in WW2).

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Bryg. Bolesław Kornel Popowicz VM Numbered 92 (awarded when a Plk.).

Virtuti Militari Thread

General Bryg. Aleksander Jerzy Narbut-Łuczyński VM Numbered 148 (awarded when a Plk.)

Virtuti Militari Thread

Paris 17th December 1944 General Dyw. Stanisław Kopański awarding the VM Silver Cross Legitymacja Numbered 10488 to French General Marie Joseph Pierre François Kœnig.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Click to enlarge the photographs in a new window

Hello Everyone,

I have just read a news article about the death of Professor Dr. Zdzisław Paweł Wesołowski on the 30th July 2020 at his home in Davie Florida aged 85, the Author of 2 books of interest to collectors at the time :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Professor Dr. Zdzisław Paweł Wesołowski.

Virtuti Militari Thread

1) Polish Orders, Medals, Badges and Insignia Military and Civilian Decorations 1705-1985

Virtuti Militari Thread

2) The Register of the Order Virtuti Militari.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast