Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Default re: Virtuti Militari Thread

Hi everyone,

I have just noticed for sale on Allegro the Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Nr: 928, which was awarded to Franciszek Edward Pfeiffer the photograph in the Legitymacja shows him as a Major with the VM (Silver Cross), KN, KW x 4, KZ etc.

You might say so what, nothing unusual about that, but wait Major Pfeiffer went on to be a General Brygady (only 3 months before he died in 1964) also awarded the Virtuti Militari Gold Cross.

There arn't many opportunities to purchase a future Generals award Legitymacja.

It can be found on Allegro in the Polish Medals section pre 1939 last item on the page.

I have also listed below a brief outline of his career:

Born in Lodz 21st Jan 1895

Kpt - 1st June 1919

Mjr - 1st January 1928

Pplk - 1st Jan 1936

Plk - 27th August 1944

Gen.Bryg. 19th March 1964

Died in London 13th June 1964.

The link for the we page is: VIRTUTI MILITARI - legitymacja nr. 928 , UNIKAT (2699016813) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Best of Luck

Andrzejku

To buy this once in a lifetime item, it will cost you £455.32p plus postage.

?

Hello,
    I would like to ask your opinion about this cross.
    Thank you gents
    Attached Images Attached Images Virtuti Militari Thread  Virtuti Militari Thread 

Hi Simon, It's a modern copy of the early 19th century Duchy of Warsaw version of the 5th class VM. These are popping up on the market regularly of late.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Simon, It's a modern copy of the early 19th century Duchy of Warsaw version of the 5th class VM. These are popping up on the market regularly of late.

Regards,
    Tony
    Thanks Tony... great help as always
    Regards,
    Simon

?

my latest addition... Jan Knedler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hi Simon,

Very nice acquisition, congratulations!

I’ve always had an affinity for the later Knedler VM’s, and especially like the ‘split-wreath’ used on the center disc.

Thanks for sharing it with us

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi Guys

Does anyone know where I can buy a very high quality replica of a 1831 Virtuti Militari? My Greatgreatgreatgreatgrandfather from my mothers side was awarded one in 1831 whilst with the 4th Regiment, originals are so rare I thought of getting a high quality replica to frame at home.

Hi Nick, that's a great way to commemorate your ancestor. Yes, original "November Uprising" VM's are out of reach of the average collector, and not seen very often outside museums. Definitely “RRR” category pieces.

I don't recall seeing any reproductions lately on the market, and I don’t even know if they are reproduced for hobbyists. However, the earlier pattern Duchy of Warsaw VM’s are being made for the collector market and readily available on the internet auction sites. There's one pictured earlier in the thread (post #82). They look reasonably good and as most casual observers do not know the differences in VM’s perhaps one of these might serve as a stand in until you can find the correct pattern- ?.

Please share pics with us once you have completed your project.

Cheers,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know who might be the manufacturer of this Cross? The description says its likely of Italian WW1 manufacture.
    Order of Virtuti Militari | eMedals

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Hi all,
    I've just been wondered if you may have any pre-war Virtuti's in cases. If you have one please post a photo
    Cheers

Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast