Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

W.W.1 Polish badge

Article about: original or not ??? I would like to know if the badge is an original and if it isits value, 7-12-18 on the left side , 7-12-19 other side , and the number 34 on bottom , the first two number

Default W.W.1 Polish badge

original or not ???
    I would like to know if the badge is an original and if it isits value, 7-12-18 on the left side , 7-12-19 other side , and the number 34 on bottom , the first two number maybe a date, but i know nothing about the number 34 ???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W.W.1 Polish badge   W.W.1 Polish badge  

W.W.1 Polish badge   W.W.1 Polish badge  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: W.W.1 Polish badge

Hey Pierre, Sorry to break the bad news but your badge is a replica make by A.Panasiuk in Warsaw.

As a copy worth around $50 or a bit less

Still a nice badge to have, Alot were bought by vetrans as replacements

Thank ! i appreciate your help !

Hello Pierre,

3MK is correct. Unfortunately this is a copy of the 34th Infantry Regiment by the most prolific maker of Polish military badge replicas – Andrzej Panasiuk of Warsaw, Poland. More info on him here:

Study of Artistic Engraving Andrzej Panasiuk, Warszawa,¦wiêtojañska St 4/6

Yes, those are dates on the two arms that are important to the history of the formation of this regiment.

Attached below is a genuine example of one of the versions produced. The other has a Virtuti Militari cross applied onto the upper cross arm. There were more than one official maker of this badge.

For market value reference, the results of an auction for a genuine example that sold mid last year.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W.W.1 Polish badge   W.W.1 Polish badge  

W.W.1 Polish badge   W.W.1 Polish badge  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

wow ,thank Tony for the extra information , with the pics of original badge , now i am sure i not buy this badge

Pierre

You’re most welcome Pierre. Please visit us again should you have any further questions about Polish militaria.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne