Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What breast badge for the Reconnaissance Battalion of the 10th Cavalry Brigade?

Article about: Did members of the Reconnaissance Battalion of the 10th Cavalry Brigade have their own breast badge? If not did they go without or did they wear something else? I know they had their own col

Default What breast badge for the Reconnaissance Battalion of the 10th Cavalry Brigade?

Did members of the Reconnaissance Battalion of the 10th Cavalry Brigade have their own breast badge? If not did they go without or did they wear something else? I know they had their own collar pennants first in white, red and orange then later in amaranth and orange separated by a green stripe. Thanks.

Default Re: What breast badge for the Reconnaissance Battalion of the 10th Cavalry Brigade?

This may be helpful, but i'm not really good in badges ...

Default Re: What breast badge for the Reconnaissance Battalion of the 10th Cavalry Brigade?

Thanks Pat, sounds like that would be a good place to start. I'll have to try to get this book.

I have the badge on the book cover - it belonged to my father but I have always known it as the breast badge for the 10th Dragoons of the 1st Polish Armoured Division in the west. I believe that the 10th Dragoons were mechanized infantry using British Bren and Universal carriers but I also know that my father was in the Reconnaissance Battalion of the 10th Cavalry Brigade. So its quite possible that this battalion was the nucleus for the 10th Dragoons and may share the same breast badge.

Here is an example of the 10th BK Reconnaissance Pennant colours. I know that this was worn on the collars of the battledress blouse jackets of the 10th Dragoons of the 1st Polish Armoured Division in the West. I believe that they were worn on the prewar Polish uniforms as well. Can anyone confirm this?

What breast badge for the Reconnaissance Battalion of the 10th Cavalry Brigade?