Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

What figures mean in MAJLEPSZA BRON?

Article about: Like the subject lines says. For those who might have a copy of this book I need help figuring out what some figures mean. Can translate what the column titles say but what do the names unde

Default What figures mean in MAJLEPSZA BRON?

Like the subject lines says. For those who might have a copy of this book I need help figuring out what some figures mean. Can translate what the column titles say but what do the names under Przynaleznosc do grupy mean? They seem to refer to colors and group/echelons but I can't figure out their meaning from the book's first chapters. Same problem with the figures in the column Termin mobilizacji? I'm guessing in this column they are some form of mobilization sequence order. Have attached scans of the pages I am concerned with. What page might I find the key to these charts?

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Chris.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What figures mean in MAJLEPSZA BRON?   What figures mean in MAJLEPSZA BRON?  

?

Default Re: What figures mean in MAJLEPSZA BRON?

Hello Chris,

It's a mobilization table. I'm not an expert in this field, but will try to shed some light.
    Przynależność do grupy points to specific mobilization waves/echelons. I rzut, II rzut refer to general mobilization, 1st and 2nd wave respectively. żółta, brązowa5 refer to so called 'alarm mobilization' or 'card mobilization', where units were mobilized according to colours of mobilization cards.
    Termin mobilizacji of course refers to date on which unit should be combat ready. My theory as to what means what is:
    - A+numeral, eg. A+30 means that unit should be mobilized in 30 hours time since announcement of alarm mobilization time,
    - G5+numeral, eg. G5+30, I have no idea what 'G5' is for but seems similar to above,
    - single numeral, eg. '4' means specific day of general mobilization, in this case mobilization should be done on 4th day,
    - X+numeral, eg. X+3 similarly like just above, where 'X' is 7th day of general mobilization, in this case mobilization should be done on 10th day.

Here some more on mobilization and meaning of colours, in Polish only. I do not have the book so I couldn't point to specific page.

Hope this helps,
    MJU

Thanks for that Jung. VERY helpful!!
    Went to that Polish website on the mobilization, through Google translate was able to clear quite a few things up. I'll go back to the first chapters of the book and look carefully for these terms. If I find something that looks like an outline of their meaning I may post those pages or maybe email them privately if you're ok with that.

Regards
    Chris.................

Hello Jung – yes, many thanks for clarifying that. I’ll admit that when this question was posted I was thinking (hoping) that you would pop up to help out with this one.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne