Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge original?

Article about: hello, would like to know if this is original? also whats the value of one of these? thanks

Default WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge original?

hello, would like to know if this is original? also whats the value of one of these?

WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge  original?WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge  original?WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge  original?WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge  original?

thanks

Default Re: WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge original?

so does anyone know anything about this badge?

It’s a rather obscure badge, and I don’t likely have much information about it, although will try to make some time to check for you. Overall the badge seems to look OK, but it’s difficult to judge the authenticity from these photos. Certainly has far less wear than the award document. Perhaps the two have been mated together? Sorry I can’t offer much more than this. I’ll post more if I am able to dig anything up from my references.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

maybe its one of a kind tony

It turns out that my hunch was right. The document and badge have been put together. It’s not a correct pairing. The badge is known as the Commemorative Badge of the Former Members in the Military Railroad Guard (Związek byłych Uczestników Wojskowej Straży Kolejowej), and the award document is shown below.

Also posted below is the only image of a purported genuine example I could find. This badge measures 37x37mm. It’s difficult to judge the scale of the badge from the picture you posted. Is it a full size badge, or a miniature? From the spinners size and metal gauge used it almost looks like a mini. Anywway, as you can see, the example pictured below has a definite stamped relief on the reverse in contrast to the one you posted. Of course, it's possible that other variants were made.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge  original?  
    Attached Images Attached Images WOJSKA KOLEJOWE badge  original? 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

am not sure myself if this is a miniature or not because the seller did not state it. but thank you for the information. Your badge and the one i posted look totally different on the back. It also could be possible they issued the document without pictures too as that one was issued in 1938 and this one in 1921. maybe the badge in 1920's is different too because of the era it was made in and they changed it in 1930's. I tried to find more info on it myself and still searching.

I also found one seller selling one. it looks like it by the back

http://www.bazarek.pl/produkt/721271...20-o00035.html

it's by 21 x 21 mm.

it does look like it is a miniature

heres one more link:

http://www.desa.art.pl/?pozycja=11144

It increasingly appears that the badge in question is a miniature. I doubt this one has been copied, so more than likely it’s authentic. As to your question about value, in the DESA auction link the auction value from back in 2004 is marked as 50PLN. It’s certianly increased since then, but would still remain a relatively inexpensive badge.

Cheers,
    Tony