Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Polish Military Uniform badge Identification Help

Article about: Hi Looking to Identify the Rank, Badges and the crown emblem on the shoulder sleeve in picture i have attached this Pic is of my Grandfather. Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Andrew

Default WW2 Polish Military Uniform badge Identification Help

Hi Looking to Identify the Rank, Badges and the crown emblem on the shoulder sleeve in picture i have attached this Pic is of my Grandfather.

Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks AndrewWW2 Polish Military Uniform badge Identification Help

Hello Andrew and welcome to the forum,

Your grandfather here has the rank of corporal, visible by the single stripe on the shoulder straps and a single bar on the front of the hat band. The hat is a wz.27 model which dates this photo to before 1935.

The right side of his uniform has the National Sports Badge above the Marksmanship badge. This thread covers both of these badges:

POS badge

The left side has what appears to be the badge of the 50th Infantry Regiment. I can just discern a 5 numeral on the uniform shoulder straps:

Below and to the left of that is the badge of the Federation of the Defenders of the Fatherland badge:

The badge on the left sleeve that has the appearance of a crown is actually a machine gunners proficiency badge. See this thread for more info:

What is this badge?

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank You for the quick reply, I finally know some of details ! I have wondered for years what the badges were.

Dzienkuje Bardzo. Andrzej

Andrzej, nie ma za co. Pleased to have been of some assistance.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Witaj Andrzej!
    I also can say, that your grandfather have on his arm CKM badge. To 1930 those badges where worn by all soldiers from CKM company. After 1930 badges where worn by good CKM shooter. Very good CKM shooter have also one belt under ammo - like your grandfather.
    So he was very good CKM shooter in CKM company of 50'th Infantry Regiment.
    One strage thing is bright border on rogatywka. Infantry Regiments had dark blue borders. On old photos they are dark - not bright.
    Tunic is M19 with M27 patches. Belt is M19.
    Pozdrowienia
    Orkan

Thanks for the added details Orkan. I also noticed what appears like a lighter than usual hat band, and at first glance thought it was possibly a cavalry regiment. Infantry blue typically translates as a dark shade in B&W photographs. So we have a bit of a mystery here.

Regards,
    Tony

Thank you for the added Detail !