Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?

Article about: Is this Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap), 100% original pre-war ? It has two Black retangular shaped pre-war dated ink stampings (manufacturer's stamp and another production

Default Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?

Is this Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap), 100% original pre-war ?

It has two Black retangular shaped pre-war dated ink stampings (manufacturer's stamp and another production stamp).

I have attached the photos.

Please reply as soon as possible.

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated  ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated  ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated  ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated  ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated  ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated  ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?  

Default Re: Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?

No. It is definitively post-war cap with fake "1939" stamp. This side cap was manufactured by "Państwowe Zakłady Przemysłu Odzieżowego w Bydgoszczy Oddział C" in early 50's. The manufacture did not exist before war. Hope to clarify you doubts.

KRK
    ?

Default Re: Wz.28 Polish Furażerka (Sidecap/Forage Cap) with interesting Black pre-war dated ink stampings - 100% original pre-war ?

This is 100% post war production. The 1939 stamp is fake.

KRK

3mk
    ?

Most pre-war stamps I've seen have always been done in red ink.

Hi Tomasz and KRK. As member justin1939 hasn't paid either of you the simple courtesy of a timely thank you for taking the time to reply to his question, I will.

Regards and thanks again,
    Tony

- - Updated - -

Emil, thank you too!
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

The cap looks like those used by the building units of the army used in the early post war period.

3mk
    ?

No problem Tony. I'd also like thank everyone that posted in the thread, wouldn't of known about the maker and the stamps if it weren't for them

Hello,

I would like to say that I always thank everyone for their replies in advance, unfortunately I missed off the thank you by mistake this time in my haste.

I think that one of the most telling signs was the fake date of 1939 was outside the box meaning that it could easily be stamped later, a pre-war officer's garrison furażerka I saw once had the date inside the box and the colour of the ink was red.

With our combined experience we continue to expose the fakes and post-war militaria, I contribute my small bit, as I am only a beginner, but learning fast thanks to your experience.

The trouble is not only do some early post war Polish uniforms look simular, but some people are actually putting fake dates (which is only one of the many crafty tricks, I have heard about) on post war militaria to try to convince you that it was made in the pre-war years.

justin1939
    Last edited by justin1939; 05-27-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Quote by justin1939 View Post
    Hello,

I would like to say that I always thank everyone for their replies in advance, unfortunately I missed off the thank you by mistake this time in my haste.

I think that one of the most telling signs was the fake date of 1939 was outside the box meaning that it could easily be stamped later, a pre-war officer's garrison furażerka I saw once had the date inside the box and the colour of the ink was red.

With our combined experience we continue to expose the fakes and post-war militaria, I contribute my small bit, as I am only a beginner, but learning fast thanks to your experience.

The trouble is not only do some early post war Polish uniforms look simular, but some people are actually putting fake dates (which is only one of the many crafty tricks, I have heard about) on post war militaria to try to convince you that it was made in the pre-war years.

justin1939
    ...but you still haven't said 'thank you' to those that have replied.

Even though you stated in your post that you meant to but in your haste forgot, its not too late to do so...

As always, an enormous thank you to all the members who replied to all my Polish militaria identification questions, giving invaluable help and making extremely interesting points.

I know how long it takes to identify and research pre-war Polish militaria, as I spend most of my time trying to do it.

It is made much harder by only partial reference materials, but this is improving all the time thanks to the mainly Polish collectors/curators/historians/writers who write more detailed and updated books.

Also, to those who create internet websites and use forums.

The joy of seeing original examples and buying them or admiring the others members examples, makes the disappointments and sometimes extremely long waits worthwhile.

It is always at its most interesting when I see an item which is either not recorded in known reference or is an extremely rare example which is very rarely seen, or an exceptionally well preserved example.

justin1939