Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wz. 31 Helmet

Article about: Hello What you think about the painting ? Better i ask you before buy the helmet . best regards Michael

Default Wz. 31 Helmet

Hello

What you think about the painting ? Better i ask you before buy the helmet .

best regards
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wz. 31 Helmet   Wz. 31 Helmet  

Wz. 31 Helmet   Wz. 31 Helmet  

things that look strange to me:
    1. brownish haze over original green
    2. signs of peeling of the original coat covered by the brownish haze
    3. damage to the salamandra covered up by the brownish haze
    4. paint marks on the liner - looks like shell was repainted with the liner in it

my opinions - either original shell probably wz.31/50 with replaced liner taken from wz.36 to make it wz.31 or original helmet retouched.

Hello Michael, you are wise to ask first. I'm in general agreement with meyle77, and leaning towards reconditioned wz.31. Would need to do a manual inspection before arriving at any conclusions. Be sure to keep in mind that 90% of the value in these helmets is in the condition of the "salamandra" finish. Originality is paramount.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

For my looks the liner good , I wonder my just about the camouflage texture (too much/close) , never seen like this bevore .

Now after what you say better i dont buy the helmet , and wait for another .

Thanks for you opinions ! .

best regards
    Michael