Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?

Article about: Hello, Is this Wz.37 Field cap which I bought, 100% (apart from the restiching of the cloth insignia) original pre-war, please ? It has two interesting well preserved stamps in white (a tria

Default Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?

Hello,

Is this Wz.37 Field cap which I bought, 100% (apart from the restiching of the cloth insignia) original pre-war, please ?

It has two interesting well preserved stamps in white (a triangle with 19-7 or 1-39 "Czadipol" Warzawa and a rectangle with R.78)

It has a fold down flap for the cold winters.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?   Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?  

Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap), 100% original pre-war ?

Another asap reply, and necessarily brief . . . this cap has the elements I look for in an original. It appears to have had very little wear. The eagle has been re-stitched in place. The mothing is a shame as otherwise it would have been quite a nice survivor.

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Looking good, eagle could been re-attached later but both items looks great. Good conservation process will fix the moth holes. It's worth it.

?

If it could talk we all would be listening.

I hope it is OK with Tony, to let the members know about my sales here and to give them the links to the Gold Club For Sale section -

I am willing to sell my original Wz.37 Rogatywka polowa (Polish Field Cap, shown in this thread) for the price on the For Sale link, directly below, plus very reasonable postage, If you are interested, please click on the links below to the my Polish Militaria for sale thread (I also have my original Wz.36 Polish Army Starzy Sierzant's Greatcoat on sale, with has been there for a long time -

Original Prewar Wz.37 Polish Army Field Cap and Wz.36 Polish Army Starzy Sierzants coat, from Marek Dambek's lifetime collection

Wz.36 Original Polish St. Sierż. (Starszy Sierżant) greatcoat with clear red pre-war dated ink stampings

My original Wz.36 Starzy Sierzant's Greatcoat is for sale, for the same price, on the second For Sale link, plus very reasonable postage, which would be a perfect match of material and shade/colour (exactly as worn by the EM, at this proud and remarkable time of ours, in September 1939, when we fought enemies from all four borders at once), as I bought them from Marek Dambek's lifetime collection.

I am also selling my most likely original Pre-War Wz.27 Polish Lance Corporal's (Kapral) 3 Pułk Strzelców Podhalańskich (or other Mountain Infantry) rogatywka, which I will soon have a seperate For Sale thread for. when I have decided on a fair price, plus very reasonable postage, to put on to the new, For Sale link, soon -

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...atywka-177109/

Thank you very much, for all your comments, about their originality.

Justin

justin1939
    Last edited by justin1939; 02-25-2016 at 12:23 PM.