Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wz28 Polish helmet near mint

Article about: Here is one I've never posted, I didn't know what it was for a while but managed to read the little welded on tag at the back, "Ludwików kielce 1939", a few googles later and voila

Default Re: Wz28 Polish helmet near mint

It has the same shape as the wz28 (ie, it looks flatter and longer than the wz35), but the same rolled edge as the wz35, the liner rivet heads look bigger on mine than either of these.

Shape of the helmet's skull is the same in wz.28 and wz.35 - that's why common wz.35's are often tunned to act as wz.28's. Details like rant etc. are different. Wz.28's got no "Huta Ludikow" tag label - they were only in wz.35 and wz.31 which were judged by military technical control as not good enough as military helmets.

Quote by pat15567 View Post
    . . . But to be honest for me it looks as a modern modification of normal wz.35 to act as a pre war wz.28. . . .
    My thoughts as well. The paint looks decidedly fresh. Unusual to see the liner ring painted as well. Normally bare zinc plated and inserted to pre-painted shell.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

A shame if that is the case Still, I did not pay too much for it at the time. Any ideas on the German style horns though? If a faker would go to the trouble of modifying a Wz35 why put in some vents like this?

Hi KradSpam - well, your guess is as good as mine why someone would go to the trouble of adding these vents. Although I don't think adding these was not that much extra work while also stripping and repainting the helmet, refitting the liner pads, replacing the strap, and the other processes.

Regards,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 01-07-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: typo
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

the horns are a strange addition - the seller probably based his creation on some experimental wz.28 so that there is no photo evidence

also try scratching the paint to see what colour is under - if silver or greyish then you got modded wz.35

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2