Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

A book my grandfather bought home from Poland

Article about: This book covers the polish military, I'm assuming during WW2 I domt read polish but the first half of the book seem to explain the formatin and battles...I'm sure all polish collectors must

?

Default A book my grandfather bought home from Poland

This book covers the polish military, I'm assuming during WW2

I domt read polish but the first half of the book seem to explain the formatin and battles...I'm sure all polish collectors must have this book, so I apologise if you've already seen this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A book my grandfather bought home from Poland   A book my grandfather bought home from Poland  

A book my grandfather bought home from Poland   A book my grandfather bought home from Poland  

A book my grandfather bought home from Poland   A book my grandfather bought home from Poland  

?

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A book my grandfather bought home from Poland   A book my grandfather bought home from Poland  

?

Very nice colour slides.
    I happen to like a lot of the Polish MIL gear.

Very nice book, i'd be more than happy to own that!.....

?

My grandfather bought it back over 20 years ago, it goes into the navy and airforce as well with some beautiful colour pages and photos

?

I would have thought this would have been the "bible" for polish collectors, much like "SS Steel" is for helmet gurus

It was a 'bible" for the collectors, however 30 years ago... As far, many other publications appeared, much more "updated" e.g.:
    Henryk Wielecki - Polski mundur wojskowy 1918-1939 ( Henryk Wielecki - Polski mundur wojskowy 1918-1939 [eBook PL] » Ebookgigs - Darmowe Ebooki ) - rather no color drawings or photos but with great contents (!)
    WRZESIEŃ 1939 Wojsko Polskie 1935-1939 (WRZESIE 1939 ) – excellent book with great photos of collection form the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw.
    MUNDUR I WYPOSAŻENIE ŻOŁNIERZA POLSKIEGO 1943-1995 - WOJSKA LĄDOWE (MUNDUR I WYPOSA?ENIE ?O?NIERZA POLSKIEGO 1943-1995 - WOJSKA L?DOWE Ksi?garnia Historyczna) – great position as regards Polish Peoples Army 1943 - 1995. A must!

But, I loved the book you mentioned! It was my first publication like this. When I looked at the drawings of uniforms I made a “list of dreams” and some dreams come true! And the book is still present on my book shelf!

?

Thanks for the reply, at one time this would have been a mus have book, my grandfather was polish infantry, captured in the second week of the war and sent tom Offlag 2 C, he was a shy, all have left is 2 cap badge, one with the crown snapped off, and a photos the Germans took of him, all cleaned shaven and presentable to send to his family to say he was ok, even has a offlag stamp on the back....I believe he got this book in the 80's when he went back on holiday

I have seen this book for sale in quit a few places online but never bought it so far, looks worth a buy