Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Can You ID this bag?

Article about: hello i found this last weekend.Can You identificate this bag?if this is wrong forum please correct me. best regards

Default Can You ID this bag?

hello i found this last weekend.Can You identificate this bag?if this is wrong forum please correct me.
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can You ID this bag?   Can You ID this bag?  

Can You ID this bag?  

Hi Michal,, all I can say is that it's not pre-WW2. Moved to PRL/LWP forum to see if anyone can provide an ID.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

thanks a lot for info and for relocation of threat.

Definitively postwar Polish army equipment. Looks similarly like breadbag but there are some differences (see link for viewing standard breadbag - Wojskowa Polska TORBA Polowa / Nadupnik WP - Nowa - 3804026555 - oficjalne archiwum allegro).
    By the way, according to definition: "Breadbag, as it is defined by its name, serves for carrying grenades."

thank You very much.i will search something in that way.
    best regards

?

This is not a "breadbag" this is a pouch for chemical suit OP-1.

The torba na wyposażenie (eng. utility pouch) aka "breadbag" is much different and smaller with divide in the middle nad two small pockets inside on the back side and one flat pocket on the left side also inside.

Quote by LARPAK View Post
    This is not a "breadbag" this is a pouch for chemical suit OP-1.

The torba na wyposażenie (eng. utility pouch) aka "breadbag" is much different and smaller with divide in the middle nad two small pockets inside on the back side and one flat pocket on the left side also inside.
    I agree, I don't know the the official name for it but I have seen these in use whilst stationed in Germany during the Cold War and the Soviet Army used similar items for their chemical suit which was basically the same. It worn worn the same way as a haversack suspended over the shoulder across the body

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I agree, I don't know the the official name for it but I have seen these in use whilst stationed in Germany during the Cold War and the Soviet Army used similar items for their chemical suit which was basically the same. It worn worn the same way as a haversack suspended over the shoulder across the body

Regards

Mark
    There was or actually is because in some units we still have them and also newer FOO-1 chemical suit is carried in similiar way (actually the same), two ways of carrying it:
    1) across the shoulder on the right hip (on the left is gas mask/haversack);
    2) on the shoulders/back straped to the webbing called "szelki dusicielki".

EDIT:
    official name of the pouch is "torba na OP-1" or "torba na odzież ochronną OP-1".

I will try to find a manual for the OP-1 and will confirm it.