Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

CIA historical collections section — Poland

Article about: Some recent publications by the CIA and the NCS (The National Clandestine Service which serves as the clandestine arm of the US Central Intelligence Agency) related to cold-war and Poland/Wa

Default CIA historical collections section — Poland

Some recent publications by the CIA and the NCS (The National Clandestine Service which serves as the clandestine arm of the US Central Intelligence Agency) related to cold-war and Poland/Warsaw Pact.

These publications comprise declassified intel documents and analysis in a quality publication—which also includes a DVD of PDF document sources, audio clips and photos etc with each. They were handed out by CIA staff who had a stand exhibiting their de-classified archive services at the National Convention of the Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies which took place in Los Angeles November 2010—I think they are available directly from CIA historical documents section
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CIA historical collections section — Poland   CIA historical collections section — Poland  

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Default Re: CIA historical collections section — Poland

Them are pretty cool! Never knew there was such a thing and would be nice to have
    Cheers, Edwin

The publication source documents can be found at CIA historical collections website:
    CIA Special Collections Archive: Soviet and Warsaw Pact Military Journals

This sample CIA document relates to Polish government plans for possible Soviet military intervention during martial law. Soviets planned to invade Poland on 8 December 1981 to put down the "Polish counter-revolution" but the plan was suspended on December 5.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CIA historical collections section — Poland   CIA historical collections section — Poland  

CIA historical collections section — Poland   CIA historical collections section — Poland  

CIA historical collections section — Poland   CIA historical collections section — Poland  

Last edited by StefanM; 02-16-2011 at 09:27 AM.

You sure it wasn’t WikiLeaks that released these?

Good stuff, thanks for posting Stefan.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Wikileaks—with a life-threating edge I guess

I recommend anyone with an interest in the Cold War and Poland should read the "Martial Law" publication as it is based on documents supplied by Col. Ryszard Kuklinski—a Polish patriot, who risked his life and the life of his family to pass Warsaw Pact military secrets to CIA.

In all, Col. Ryszard Kuklinski is claimed to have supplied the CIA with over 40,000 pages of highly secret Warsaw Pact military documents from 1972 until his defection to the West in 1981—with 63 secret exchanges with CIA operatives taking place inside Poland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CIA historical collections section — Poland