MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Identification : Polish cap

Article about: Hello, Can you please help me identify this polish cap? The eagle looks like the officer's one but I didn't found the signification of the other one. They ar both silver colored colors on to

Default Identification : Polish cap

Hello,

Can you please help me identify this polish cap?

The eagle looks like the officer's one but I didn't found the signification of the other one.

They ar both silver colored
    colors on top is a kind of Brown- grey with bleu piping
    below is a silver piping above a green velvet

Any idea of what it can be? Periode and use?

In advance thank you very much for your help

Bruno

Hello, this is a "czapka leśnika" - a Polish National Forest Service cap. I'm not certain of year but likely circa 1950's - 60's.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,

Thanks you very much for your fast response. Was there a specific uniform going with it or was it just used on top of working cloth?

I wish you a very nice day

Bruno

Special regulations as regards uniform of the Polish National Forest Service were introduced before and after the World War II.
    Generally uniform consisted of cap, jacket, trousers, shoes, coat. Member of the Polish National Forest Service was an official and in fact was not supposed to wear typical working cloths and forest workers were employed for physical works.
    Here you can find regulation in force concerning the modern PNFS uniforms (as of 2007) http://bedon.lasy.gov.pl/pliki/117_2.pdf.
    As I have some problems with downloading the pdf, you can start from the following page containing all regulations (however not historical) O¶rodek Rozwojowo-Wdro¿eniowy Lasów Pañstwowych w Bedoniu lasy pañstwowe (in Polish only)

Hello Tomasz,

Thanks a lot for your response and also for the links. I still have a lot to do to before being able to read it but the photos were very good.

I hope I will be able to help you both in return

Best regards

Bruno