Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medal Warszawski Okreg Wojskowy information

Article about: Hi guys! This will be my first post here, and I hope you can help me and I can help you too I saw this table medal and I felt in love with it. Now it´s in my hands, but I can´t see any infor

Default Medal Warszawski Okreg Wojskowy information

Hi guys!
    This will be my first post here, and I hope you can help me and I can help you too
    I saw this table medal and I felt in love with it. Now it´s in my hands, but I can´t see any information about it.
    Can you help me???
    This are the pictures:
    Medal Warszawski Okreg Wojskowy informationMedal Warszawski Okreg Wojskowy information
    THANKS!!

Default Re: Medal Warszawski Okreg Wojskowy information

Hello Tomahawk and welcome to the forum. I cannot offer too much on this medal other than it appears to be a Polish People Republic era (1945-1989)commemorative piece. The Warszawski Okręg Wojskowy (Warsaw Military District) was one of the military regions created on Polish territory by the Soviet controlled military following WW2. There were several such districts, each responsible for administrative functions among other things for the military units stationed on its territory. I agree that it is an attractively designed medal, although the eagle would look better with a crown.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Medal Warszawski Okreg Wojskowy information

Hi Tony!
    With crown looks better, for sure But I had to choose one period, and I took PLR period.
    I´m starting in this world, and PRL is great to start, but in the future I´ll try to get more from the WWII.
    Thanks for answering and for your time!