Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Article about: An almost mint 1960's beret of the Milicja Obywatelska (MO). Milicja Obywatelska (Citizens' Militia or Civic Militia) was a state police institution in the People's Republic of Poland. It wa

Default Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

An almost mint 1960's beret of the Milicja Obywatelska (MO).

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Milicja Obywatelska (Citizens' Militia or Civic Militia) was a state police institution in the People's Republic of Poland. It was created in 1944 by Soviet-sponsored Polish Committee of National Liberation, effectively replacing the pre-war police (Policja) force. In 1990 after the collapse of the communist regime it was transformed back into Policja.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I have 3 MO Helmets and few other bits at home. I will try to add some pics, it is amazing how much some items cost considering their controversy, however its still part of Polish Military/Police history.

now you need Nysa to go with it :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images Milicja Obywatelska (MO) 

Quote by Cenowski View Post
    I have 3 MO Helmets and few other bits at home. I will try to add some pics, it is amazing how much some items cost considering their controversy, however its still part of Polish Military/Police history.
    Looking forward to seeing photos

Default Milicja Obywatelska (Citizens' Militia or Civic Militia) visor 1988

Milicja Obywatelska (Citizens' Militia or Civic Militia) visor cap dated March 1988. Very clean visor with minor visible wear.

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Milicja Obywatelska (MO)
    Last edited by StefanM; 04-16-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Here is a few bits i finally dug out of my wardrobe. I have a long way to go to gather a complete uniform and equipment set but i have seen a few more things i can get my hands on in my yearly visit to Poland.

The first two pictures are of a Raportówka ( Report/documents case). I was told the baton was held in the two side loops but as i do not have one i cant check to see what type of baton fits.
    Milicja Obywatelska (MO)
    Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

Three MO helmts i picked up from allegro complete with nets still wrapped inside. As you can see lot of warehouse scratches.
    Milicja Obywatelska (MO)
    Milicja Obywatelska (MO)
    Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

An MO Sznur, im not sure the best translation for this from Polish because i keep getting a french word.
    Milicja Obywatelska (MO)

For comparison:

Polish Wz 67