Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with Polish Cross

Article about: Can anyone help me out with this Polish Cross? I am buying a collection of Military items and this is the Oddball piece. I know nothing about it, the date it might be from nor what it might

?

Default Need Help with Polish Cross

Can anyone help me out with this Polish Cross? I am buying a collection of Military items and this is the Oddball piece. I know nothing about it, the date it might be from nor what it might have been given for. I do not know if it is real or not.

NOw I know values are not something given on the forum, however could anyone give me a ball park on it as I have to make an offer on the lot of items, and I do not wna to under value this or over value it, and as it is coming with the group, I wish to make a fair offer as the fellow that has this group of items for me does come across a lot of military for me, and I need to keep him happy.

Thank you

Dean O
    Canada

Need Help with Polish CrossNeed Help with Polish Cross

Hi Dean, this is a post WW2 re-strike of the Virtuti Militari from Jan Knedler dies that survived the devastation of the war years. While being a post-war "copy" may not sound so great, it's actually relatively desirable cross. Of course, pre-war vintage Knedler VM's are the most desirable, but many of these restrikes were used as legitimate replacements for lost crosses. They also were obtained by veterans of the Polish "AK"underground resistance decorated by the exiled government situated in London. Those veterans in Poland would receive only the award document, and of course wanted a cross with the pre-war "free" crowned eagle. I have such a cross with one of my AK groups. As far as approx. value, I see you're a WRF Club member, so I'll bend the rules and let you know that these sell in Poland for the equivalent of 200 - 400USD.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you very much Tony, As I said I know nothing about Polish Badges and Medals.

Again Thank you, that ball park figure helps me with the my offer, and I know can explain to my guy the story of this Medal which to me is very important.

DEan O
    Canada