Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Order of Polonia Restituta among other Medals

Article about: Hi everyone! I recently picked this lot of Polish medals up and I wanted to share and maybe get some more information on them. I didn't pay too much and figured they'd be a good investment f

Default Order of Polonia Restituta among other Medals

Hi everyone!
    I recently picked this lot of Polish medals up and I wanted to share and maybe get some more information on them. I didn't pay too much and figured they'd be a good investment for $80. I know the two cased medals are Orders of Polonia Restituta, but am not too sure what the medals are, or if the ribbons are correct. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!Order of Polonia Restituta among other MedalsOrder of Polonia Restituta among other MedalsOrder of Polonia Restituta among other MedalsOrder of Polonia Restituta among other MedalsOrder of Polonia Restituta among other MedalsOrder of Polonia Restituta among other MedalsOrder of Polonia Restituta among other MedalsOrder of Polonia Restituta among other Medals

Hello, you have a 5th and 4th class of the Order of Poland Reborn, or most commonly called the Polonia Restituta as you've identified. Both are on correct ribbons, although the 4th class might have the rosette applied to a replacement ribbon. The three similar medals are the Cross of Merit. The bronze third class cross one is the only one on a correct ribbon. Lastly is the 10 years Armed forces in Service to the Fatherland medal. More on this one here: Polish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie Ojczyzny

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Nice find!....