Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Polish cross of merit

Article about: Would anyone please advise if in their opinion the following is an original Cross of Merit from about 1946. I am looking to acquire this to part complete a collection and would appreciate op

Default Polish cross of merit

Would anyone please advise if in their opinion the following is an original Cross of Merit from about 1946. I am looking to acquire this to part complete a collection and would appreciate opinions as to whether it is an original item.
    Many thanks in advance for your help, Best regards - Michael.Polish cross of meritPolish cross of meritPolish cross of merit

Hi Michael,

This cross was either the product of Caritas (Warsaw) or B. Grabski (Łódź), and according to the Z. Krotke reference the period of manufacture was 1944-52. It appears to be entirely genuine. Nice to see that it's complete with the early pattern case.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony,
    I just bought it now and will receive the medal in a few weeks time. Another medal that I have got and now only a handful more to acquire. I will post all the photos in a few weeks time.Once again, thank you for your advice and critique and as always I am open to advice and information. Best, Michael.

Hi Michael, you're most welcome. Awaiting your further pics . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne