Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polish Decorations and Awards?????

Article about: My late father-in-law received the following awards or decorations that may or may not be Polish awards or decorations. Does anyone have any info or advice on the following please:- Medal fo

i have tried photographing it and scanning it - both useless as the paper and the inked writing is very degraded and simply does not come out clear or well enough defined - sorry! It is very difficult to even read and that is only with a magnifying glass.

Here are some documents that you are most likely referring to.
    Polish Decorations and Awards?????Polish Decorations and Awards?????Polish Decorations and Awards?????

All to one man :
    Polish Decorations and Awards?????Polish Decorations and Awards?????Polish Decorations and Awards?????

Just to keep record straight there was a BATTLE OF TANNENBERG LINE, 25 JULY 1944- 10 AUGUST 1944. soviet combined losses were 35 thousand dead and 160 tanks lost.......

The very first Tannenberg battle was in 1410, known also as Grunwald.

also 1914 Tannenberg battle.

Tannenberg line was in Estonia.

Yes it was. Battle of Lenino was in Belorussia.... point is that Polish Forces were there.... no matter where the Battle was.

I understand but original post was stating battle for tannenberg and not tannenberg line

Krakow1,
    I have checked with some difficulty the copies that I have for my late father-in-law - re your post # 12 he had the bottom document awarded to him. Re your post # 13 he had the top and mid documents awarded to him. As I speak no Polish would you kindly advise me what the documents are and what they have awarded to the recipient.
    Many thanks for all your help and the blanks are starting to be filled in.
    Best regards,
    Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2