Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Military Contact

Article about: HI Is there some way of contacting the Polish militay and asking what medals/Badges /Rank my Father received during his service 48-53? Cheers

Default Polish Military Contact

HI

Is there some way of contacting the Polish militay and asking what medals/Badges /Rank my Father received during his service 48-53?

Cheers

Default Re: Polish Military Contact

The CAW (Central Military Archive) in Warsaw might be helpfull ?

CENTRALNE ARCHIWUM WOJSKOWE
    ul. Czerwonych Beretów bl. 124
    00-910 WARSZAWA
    caw@wp.mil.pl
    tel. 0048-22- 681-45-84

Centralne Archiwum Wojskowe

Bestreg.

Default Re: Polish Military Contact

Hi Chris

How did your queries go?

I have another place you might look. I see you were looking from 1948-1953. This data base goes to 1946, but perhaps there might be something more.

Ministry of Defense
    APC Disclosures 5 Polish
    Building 28 B, RAF Northolt
    West End Road
    Ruislip, Middlesex, England., HA4 6NG

The British Ministry of Defense is the official custodian of all Polish Military records from 1939-1946. They have almost all Polish soldiers who served under the British Command. Only relatives and the soldiers can obtain a copy of these records in the English language. Replies are usually within 30 days. Be sure to include a copy of your birth certificate or any document showing your relationship with the soldier, or a soldiers document and give them as much information as possible to help them search their file.

Good luck.