Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish miniature medals

Article about: I have found the following all metal painted/enameled Polish miniature medals from my late father-in-law. I have not seen these before and was wondering if anyone could tell me the reason be

Default Polish miniature medals

I have found the following all metal painted/enameled Polish miniature medals from my late father-in-law. I have not seen these before and was wondering if anyone could tell me the reason behind their issuance and when they would have been worn, their history etc etc.
    Apologies to the Canadian members for using the US quarter - it was the only non Australian coin that I had for size reference.
    Many Thanks,
    Michael

Polish miniature medals

I am not an expert, however from doing some reading, the miniature medals are designed to be used in place of service ribbons when the recipient is wearing civilian formal wear (service ribbons should only be worn with uniforms, at least when it comes to Polish decorations).

They are worn on the left breast, and miniatures should never be mixed with full size medals (except service stars).

Thank you Iron Hussar for the info.
    What I find different is that most if not all the miniatures that I have seen on this forum and on Ebay are material ribbons with a miniature metal medal - these are metal ribbons and medals - something that I haven't seen regularly before.
    I appreciate the information that you have provided - it explains alot to me.
    Thanks and best regards, Michael.

You're welcome.

I've noticed that a lot of the Polish miniatures are indeed metal, but I have seen a few cloth ones as well. It may come down to the manufacturer. Whenever I come across a boxed medal, the miniature is metal most of the time, standalones come in cloth.

I like how the metal ones look, very detailed.