Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Polish "Rogatywka"cap

Article about: Hello, I purchased this cap few years ago. I would like to know if it's late war 1944-45 cap or post-war 1945-48. I believe crowned eagle buttons have been added later, however not sure. Any

Robek, Thank you very much, I truly appreciate your answer.

Regards
    Alex

?

Alex

No problem,any time you have a questions about Rogatywka.This is the entire name of the maker of your Rogatywka: "SPORT" ALEKSANDER PAWŁOWSKI TARGOWA 32 m 29 WARSZAWA- PRAGA

Regards

Robek

Quote by Robek View Post
    Alex

No problem,any time you have a questions about Rogatywka.This is the entire name of the maker of your Rogatywka: "SPORT" ALEKSANDER PAWŁOWSKI TARGOWA 32 m 29 WARSZAWA- PRAGA

Regards

Robek
    Robek, Thank you kindly!!

Regards
    Alex

?

Alex !
    Alex !

I prefer an Eagle with a crown. A horrible person cut this crown off and I wanted to be the good guy, so I added the crown back on. I think it looks better now ?

Regards

Robek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish "Rogatywka"cap   Polish "Rogatywka"cap  

Quote by Robek View Post
    Alex !
    Alex !

I prefer an Eagle with a crown. A horrible person cut this crown off and I wanted to be the good guy, so I added the crown back on. I think it looks better now ?

Regards

Robek
    Robek, Definitely looks better now! Maybe officer had no choice, otherwise a horrible person, as you say. Thank you very much for posting photos.

Regards
    Alex

?

Alex !

Of course he didn't have a choice, he could have been killed due to it.

Best regards

Robek

Quote by Robek View Post
    Alex !

Of course he didn't have a choice, he could have been killed due to it.

Best regards

Robek
    Robek, As you know, Times were difficult, The Soviets were in the process of consolidating control over Poland..

Regards
    A.S.

?

Alex !

I know firsthand. I'm from Poland where they had the Soviet headquarters. I watched half my life. They finally left in 1993.
    I could write for hours, maybe even days about it.

Best regards,

Robek

Quote by Robek View Post
    Alex !

I know firsthand. I'm from Poland where they had the Soviet headquarters. I watched half my life. They finally left in 1993.
    I could write for hours, maybe even days about it.

Best regards,

Robek
    Robek, Thank you for your opinion, I am glad they finally left in 1993. I am from Poland too, I lived near Soviet Air base when I was young. I have my own humble experience and memories, I am sure I can't compare my humble experience to yours, becouse as I say I was young. Thank you

Kind Regards
    A.S.

?

In my town, I was also at the airport. Before the second war, stationed were 2 battle group of 252 Regiment Luftwaffe. After the war, the Soviets were using the airport until 1993.

Legnica, by the time the war was virtually intact, was until the Red Army (apart from a few buildings on the outskirts), in May of 1945. The Soviet Army (with the tacit approval of his Superiors) set fire to the historic old town, which turned most buildings into ruins.

The Soviets destroyed many Polish towns. It's sad because they were allies. After the war, my town was called "Little Moscow" because there was that many Soviet's there.

In my childhood, I had a small episode happen with the Soviet Army. It was probably the year of 1979 or 80. There was nothing in the Polish shops at this time, but in the Soviet area, the selves would be filled. We walked into the restricted zone called the "Square- kwadrat." I went there to buy foods, such as cookies and sweets, but one time, they caught me and I spent 3 hours in a closed basement. However, they did not take my candy away.

I left faster than they did, not having any satisfaction to watch their departure.

I'm adding a few pictures from my town before the second war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish "Rogatywka"cap   Polish "Rogatywka"cap  

Polish "Rogatywka"cap   Polish "Rogatywka"cap  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast