Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Polish "Rogatywka"cap

Article about: Hello, I purchased this cap few years ago. I would like to know if it's late war 1944-45 cap or post-war 1945-48. I believe crowned eagle buttons have been added later, however not sure. Any

Legnica aka Little Moscow - remember visiting it once...

?

Interesting. You could always go again.......

?

Alex !

I'm collecting information on the companies who made hats-" ROGATYWKI ", before the second war and after
    I'm showing some pictures of the building where the company your hat comes from is. During the war, the building wasn't ruined. The building itself still stands and the site of the gate remained.
    After the war, the Aleksander Pawlowski and his wife made hats and costumes.
    The hat company was located in the yard, in an annex. To this day the firms vitrine exists at the entrance

Regards

Robek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish "Rogatywka"cap   Polish "Rogatywka"cap  

Polish "Rogatywka"cap   Polish "Rogatywka"cap  

Polish "Rogatywka"cap   Polish "Rogatywka"cap  

Robek,

Thanks for this post. This is a fascinating topic. It is very interesting to see how these surviving buildings appear today. Please keep us posted with the progress of your research.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Antos !

This is passion, but it's sometimes difficult being that I'm further away. Maybe somebody who lives in Warsaw now could open the gate and take some pictures of the inside. On the same street, there's a museum and it's new.Muzeum Warszawskiej Pragi u. Targowa 50/52 . I sent them an email a few months ago, but still, they brushed me off. A few blocks on the other side, Cieszkowski. Pracownia kapeluszy i czapek ul .Targowa 18 has a factory and her grandpa made some beautiful hats- Rogatywka / Nowy Swiat 12 /. After the war, / Marszalkowska 74 / her father began making them and right now, after 150 years, she's probably the last one. She was very helpful.

Regards

Robek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish "Rogatywka"cap   Polish "Rogatywka"cap  

Quote by Robek View Post
    Alex !

I'm collecting information on the companies who made hats-" ROGATYWKI ", before the second war and after
    I'm showing some pictures of the building where the company your hat comes from is. During the war, the building wasn't ruined. The building itself still stands and the site of the gate remained.
    After the war, the Aleksander Pawlowski and his wife made hats and costumes.
    The hat company was located in the yard, in an annex. To this day the firms vitrine exists at the entrance

Regards

Robek
    Robek, Again, Thank you very much for your post! Thank you kindly for the photos and information about Aleksander Pawlowski and his wife. I really appreciate it! It's brilliant to see these places nowadays.

Kind Regards
    Alex

Sierpu
    ?

Robek !

My friend referred me to you and said that you're the best Rogatywka's guy. He changed with you a few years ago, one Polish hat with a Mauser . I have an offer for you but my friend lost your phone number. I'm from Chicago and I want to meet you in the same place and change in person. I'll show you pictures and wait for your contact.

Sorry for everyone, I'm looking for this person, but I'm new here and don't know what works. I won't bother you guys
    anymore.

Best Regards

Sierpu

Polish "Rogatywka"cap

?

Sierpu

This is a hat made in England. / 1940-47 / Rotmistrz 24th Uhlan Regiment of Crown Hetman Stanislaw Zolkiewski .
    I remember this situation and have your friends phone number. I'll call today. Thanks so much for the offer.

Regards

Robek

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3