Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie Ojczyzny

Article about: Forum Regrettably, this is only my first post in the Polish Militaria section. This medal is Gorgeous! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie Ojczyzny translate in Engli

Default Polish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie Ojczyzny

Forum

Regrettably, this is only my first post in the Polish Militaria section. This medal is Gorgeous! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie Ojczyzny translate in Englis to: Armed forces in service to the Fatherland.

From my research....This medal was instituted in 1951. This medal shows Roman numeral 5, for five years of military service. The enamel is of high quality and shows a starburst pattern. I think the ribbon may be original but odd becuase the others I have seen were red and white. Someone please correct me if this is wrong and please expound if I missed anything. I am hoping to add more Polish militaria to the collection. This wasn't a bad start for a salty badge.

Greenhorn

Polish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie OjczyznyPolish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie OjczyznyPolish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie OjczyznyPolish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie OjczyznyPolish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie Ojczyzny
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Default Re: Polish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie Ojczyzny

Hello Green,

Agreed, these are nicely designed.

Here’s the full complement of issues from 1951, 1960, and 1968.

Polish descriptions:

1. Złoty Medal "Siły Zbrojne w Służbie Ojczyzny" wz. z 1951r. XV z miniaturką
    2. Srebrny Medal "Siły Zbrojne w Służbie Ojczyzny" wz. z 1951r. X z miniaturką
    3. Brązowy Medal "Siły Zbrojne w Służbie Ojczyzny" wz. z 1951r. V z miniaturką
    4. Złoty Medal "Siły Zbrojne w Służbie Ojczyzny" wz. z 1960r. XXV
    5. Srebrny Medal "Siły Zbrojne w Służbie Ojczyzny" wz. z 1960r. XV z miniaturką
    6. Złoty Medal "Siły Zbrojne w Służbie Ojczyzny" wz. z 1968r. XX z miniaturką
    7. Srebrny Medal "Siły Zbrojne w Służbie Ojczyzny" wz. z 1968r. X z miniaturką
    8. Brązowy Medal "Siły Zbrojne w Służbie Ojczyzny" wz. z 1968r. V z miniaturką

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Sily Zbrojne w Sluzbie Ojczyzny  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Very nice collection, Tony

I have a feeling it took some time for you to amass these. The Syrenka, mermaid, piece looks to be my favorite. Always liked her look.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

There's one for sale on fleabay here, from what I can see it looks like a fake or repro.

The eagle isn't cut out/finished properly, it's been mounted off central, the surrounding laurel leaves haven't go t the depth between them and the enamel, the V typeface looks suspect plus it's from the US and overpriced, IMHO, but I could be wrong of course.

OP, nice medal and Tony, you never fail to impress.

NB:
    Having now seen a few of these on the tinternet I can see various flaws in a lot of them so the one for sale is probably okay. I'll hand back over to Tony at this point and keep me gob shut. LOL.
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

Stefanr

Interesting, I wouldn't think these would be faked, but I guess, why not. It does look somewhat poorly made. Maybe bad pics? The eagle is certainly off center!

$100 seems steep, I paid $20 for mine and thought it was a fair amount to pay for what looked to be a nice medal. I had no idea what the medal was.....shame on me!

Green

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Very nice collection, Tony

I have a feeling it took some time for you to amass these.
    Green, not mine. I don't collect post war communist era. But thanks nonetheless though!

Cheers,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi Stefan, I'm certainly no expert on these. Keep your comments coming as I have lots to learn. I would agree with your later comment that the one for sale is likely genuine. Originals are in plentiful supply so I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of reproducing these yet.

Cheers,
    Tony

Hi Greenhorn!
    I think is 100% original, as said before, this medal can be found in websites (ebay or allegro) with good prices.
    Anything can be faked, but this medal can't give money, unless you sell it for 99$...
    About yours, it´s really nice