Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Russian Tanks! No Thanks! - Solidarność (Solidarity)

Article about: Three Solidarity fund raising issues: Left: Represents a motorway T-81 with Our Lady of Częstochowa appearing on the horizon? Top Right: Radia Wolna Europa - Marking 35 years of Radio F

Three Solidarity fund raising issues:

Left: Represents a motorway T-81 with Our Lady of Częstochowa appearing on the horizon?
    Top Right: Radia Wolna Europa - Marking 35 years of Radio Free Europe. The CIA sponsored Polish section of RFE/Radio Liberty broadcasting out of Munich into communist Poland.
    Lower Right: Solidarity Pomerania 1985 "Śruby nikt nam nie dokręci" or "We will not allow the screw to turn" ...on victory and freedom.

Can anyone shed any light on the meaning of "Route or Road T-81"?
    Last edited by StefanM; 07-07-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Solidarity fund raising issue.

It has be argued that the announcement of the The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) or so-called "Star Wars" by US President Ronald Reagan in March 1983 was a contributing factor in bringing about the eventual collapse of the Soviet Union and the ending of the Cold War, hence the subject matter chosen by Solidarity for this issue.

Tensions between the US and Russia were ramped up again decades later when the US announced agreement to install missile defence systems in the former Soviet communist controlled Czech Republic and Poland. The US missile defence complex also called the European Interceptor Site (EIS), was part of the Ballistic Missile Defense European Capability of the US. But after intense protest by Russia the US backtracked on its position and the EIS initiative in Czech Republic and Poland was cancelled. Bowing to Russian pressure on this issue in September 2009 is considered by some as opening the door to recent actions by Russia in Georgia and Eastern Europe by confirming that the US was soft on the issue of Russian spheres of influence in the region.
    Last edited by StefanM; 07-13-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Another interesting Solidarność fundraising issue featuring 1989 protests and "happenings" against martial law and the crackdown by ZOMO (Zmotoryzowane Odwody Milicji Obywatelskiej) or Motorised Reserves of the Citizens' Militia.

In Krakow, on 23 February 1989, students organised a happening called "Armia Czerwona burżuja pokona" or "The bourgeois defeat the Red Army."
    Last edited by StefanM; 07-22-2014 at 10:11 PM.

A striking little protest graphic recently acquired:

Quote by StefanM View Post
    . . . But after intense protest by Russia the US backtracked on its position and the EIS initiative in Czech Republic and Poland was cancelled. Bowing to Russian pressure on this issue in September 2009 is considered by some as opening the door to recent actions by Russia in Georgia and Eastern Europe by confirming that the US was soft on the issue of Russian spheres of influence in the region.
    While we try to steer away from political commentary on this forum, I am compelled to reply: ". . . considered by some . . ." i.e. those that have grasped how the world really works. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    While we try to steer away from political commentary on this forum, I am compelled to reply: ". . . considered by some . . ." i.e. those that have grasped how the world really works. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

T.
    A non-political

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6