Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Tank Helmet Help

Article about: Looking for help on this tank helmet ,I have no clue to its period of issue and if pre or post ww2 and whether it is Soviet or maybe Polish so i am posting it here for more information i als

Default Tank Helmet Help

Looking for help on this tank helmet ,I have no clue to its period of issue and if pre or post ww2 and whether it is Soviet or maybe Polish so i am posting it here for more information i also wonder why a tan colour canvas as you would expect a summer helmet but this one has a winter liner ? also there is no folding rear apron just a rather complex set of adjustment straps
    There are some owners markings Ski seems predominant and a strap shows a slightly illegible so i am guessing here on a name but looks to be SKIBLLISKI
    Inside the thick foldable ear flaps is a faded black circle with what seems a red triangle the other side shows similar but with the shortened name SKI Tank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet HelpTank Helmet Help

MAP
    ?

Did I not see this exact helmet sometime in the recent past James? Or am I growing senile?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No Michael you are fine ,i started a duplicate thread over here in the Polish militaria section as well as the soviet sub forum because i am still searching for answers and bring some sort of closure ,the general feeling from the members was it could be Polish but nothing certain
    Regards James

?

For me early postwar, with polish names.

Many thanks Tomek ,would you have anymore details on the year issued post war

I agree with Polish post war. Couldn't specify the year of introduction but items very similar were in use when I was in Berlin '87 - '89.
    As for the colour, I it is widely under appreciated that western Poland and a great deal of north eastern Germany has very sandy soil. Digging in Berlin in particular certainly made me feel that the whole place is built on sand!.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Many thanks for commenting Mark much appreciated I have always thought these helmets were issued in either Summer and Winter spec but the tan canvas colouration could well be another factor i wasn't aware of and makes sense for a sandy environment ,I have only one more Tank helmet dated 1965 which i know is definitely Polish ,this one is more inkeeping with the standard cold war soviet block tank helmets i am more familiar with but has 3 padding bonds and the frontal pad is no where near as pronounced as this tan example ,I believe this style could still be in use as i have seen examples with the wz93 Pantera camouflage
    Kind Regards James Tank Helmet Help

?

James, for.me it is late 50 up to 60, xx century. winter version.

Many thanks Tomek for all your assistance
    Kind regards James