Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown Polish LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.

Article about: Dear members, I bought this cap todat at a flea market in Poland. The seller said (ofcourse) that its from WW2. The cap looks like it has been through hell (fixed hole and damage on several

Default Unknown Polish LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.

Dear members,

I bought this cap todat at a flea market in Poland. The seller said (ofcourse) that its from WW2. The cap looks like it has been through hell (fixed hole and damage on several locations). It looks very old and vintage, but the eagle and the emblem are unknown to me. The inside has some odd marks/stamps (not the usual post-war Soviet stamps) but are to vague to read. It also looks like there were some post-war (?) modifications? Please help and give this poor little bastard an identification.

Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.

Thanks in advance,

Kaj
    Last edited by Americanheadcharge; 08-20-2012 at 12:03 AM.

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Unknown Polish LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.

Hi Americanheadcharge,

The cap certainly looks old. It would be an early post-war item, or even pre-war, as it may be a Silesian Eagle. I haven't ever saw anything like it. It might be a cap from the uniform of a private security company of some sort. Nice souvenir.

You can discern the words "Ochrony Mienia" on the cap band insignia, which translates to "property protection". This may be a cap worn by a civilian security guard company - ?? No idea as to era, but judging from the insignia style it appears to a post something very much post war. The eagle mounted over the insignai like that is suspect. Is the sweat band made from a synthetic material?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hey Tony, yes the sweat band is made from a synthetic material, but it looks not well fit in the cap, if you know what I mean. When I bought this I assumed this was added sometime after the war. My own theory is that this item has different layers, maybe pre-war mixed with post-war? Is that even possible? The eagle has no crown indeed, so it can't be RP but the model is very odd when you compare it with post-war LWP eagles.

Thanks for the added info. Synthetic is obviously not a good sign, The eagle looks out of place, and I suspect it might have been added to confuse the issue. Sorry to say, but there’s very little positive I can offer up to make you feel good about the purchase other than hopefully you did not pay too much for it.

Cool avatar image, by the way!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Synthetic is never a good sign indeed, but I guess I still bought it because of the eagle and the old vintage look of the cap. Don't worry it was not that expensive. So what about the eagle? It's pretty small as you can see. Is it post-war or pre-war (is it even real or fantasy?) and what do you know about these civilian security guard companies?

The cap band insignia also appears to have the letters "SP. IRH" or "SP. IKH" ??? split between an interlocking symbol design of some sort. Maybe upload a quick sketch or more detailed close-up might provide a clue to investigate?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

3mk
    ?

I found this listing on Allegro for a post-war PKP hat. It appears to have the same eagle as yours.
    CZAPKA POLSKIEGO KOLEJARZA PKP (7456R) (2561109431) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Unknown Polish  LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.

Thank you. I think we can now certainly say that this cap is post-war.

Quote by Americanheadcharge View Post
    Thank you. I think we can now certainly say that this cap is post-war.
    I think it safe to say the eagle is postwar but could be applied to a prewar cap. Why pin an eagle over the top of another existing cap badge... The cap was obviously designed to be worn with the guard symbol originally... I think. What are the capital letters exactly and how does the top of the centre symbol look?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast