Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown Polish LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.

Article about: Dear members, I bought this cap todat at a flea market in Poland. The seller said (ofcourse) that its from WW2. The cap looks like it has been through hell (fixed hole and damage on several

Default Re: Unknown Polish LWP (?) cap. Looking for ID.

Two keys (nothing under the tail of the eagle) and the capital letters are SP. IKR or SP. IKH (its very difficult to determine the last letter). What makes you think the cap is pre-war?

Quote by Americanheadcharge View Post
    Two keys (nothing under the tail of the eagle) and the capital letters are SP. IKR or SP. IKH (its very difficult to determine the last letter). What makes you think the cap is pre-war?
    I think the badge with the stylised two keys and SP. IKR (IKH) is likely to belong to a private security company rather than a state security organisation. I am not sure if communist Poland operated private security companies? I would have thought if it were a state organisation then the state eagle would have been integral to the key design badge, rather than an eagle pinned over the top of another badge. Pure guess work on my part. If the cap was post-communist would it be in such very poor shape? The "SP." could be an abbreviation of "Spólka..." as found in SP. Z.O.O. (Spólka z ograniczona odpowiedzialnosci) Polish to denote a trading company similar to "Ltd.". "GMbH", "LLC" etc
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Lets hope some experts on communist Poland can help us out on this. Thank you for the help so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2