Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

AK Eagles

Article about: I bought this interesting piece, supposedly found in a house in Warsaw where an AK vet lived. Have I been had? I guess there is no way to tell if it is original or a chemically treated repro

DaBear
    ?

Default AK Eagles

I bought this interesting piece, supposedly found in a house in Warsaw where an AK vet lived. Have I been had? I guess there is no way to tell if it is original or a chemically treated repro. However, my concern is if someone else has a piece like this. the eagle in the centre looks like an AK cap badge added to the other pieces. I can't imagine what it is for, as it is pretty large (10 cm x 7.5). The white metal is aluminum, and the swords are copper. I did not invest very much into it, which may be a sign. Any thoughts?

Anyone else have any AK eagles?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AK Eagles   AK Eagles  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: AK Eagles

Hey there,
    I seen this one for sale before, My thought is that it isnt a AK eagle but a self made eagle used by Polish soldiers in the Polish-Soviet war of 1918-1921.

I can only make out the letters WP on it, Are there anymore?

Nice buy btw

DaBear
    ?

Wow! Any idea what it was for? Unit, award? No other letters that I can make out.

3mk
    ?

I think it was a Cap Insignia or it was made to be worn on the breast pocked of the tunic, as a insignia not a award or regimental badge

It may be a AK produced thing but the sabres lead me to think its from the Polish-Soviet war

This is obviously intended to replicate some kind of badge?
    Emil, you think it might be self-made for Polish-Soviet war but what unit might have originally had such an insignia? Is there a 'pukka' version of this badge in one of the reference books? Finding the original design badge might help identify which AK unit might have also used it?

I haven't seen this type of AK badge before.

I would suggest sending the images to PUMST/SPP archives in London who should be able to give an educated opinion as to whether it is AK or not.

I posted photo of 4 AK eagles
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

3mk
    ?

Hey Stephan,
    Now that I looked at it I think your right, Im not sure why a soldier would go through all the work when the could of just stuck with the eagle.

All my reference books are in Poland at the moment and the badge does not mimic any pre-war badges Ive seen before, Ill try posting it in the pre-war badge section