Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

AK IV Zgrup. „Gurt” collection

Article about: Hi, My collection of medals, documents and photos of Peter Bianek ps. "Tony" a slodier in AK. IV. Zgrup. (battlegroup) "GURT" fighter in the Warsaw Uprising 1944. "G

Default AK IV Zgrup. „Gurt” collection

Hi,

My collection of medals, documents and photos of Peter Bianek ps. "Tony" a slodier in AK. IV. Zgrup. (battlegroup) "GURT" fighter in the Warsaw Uprising 1944. "GURT" operated between Śródmieścia Północ (near the Warsaw central railway station), Marszałkowską, Żelazną, Al. Jerozolimskie (now Al. Sikorskiego) and Pańską street.

After the capitulation Peter Bianek was sent Lamsdorf 318/VIIIF (Stalag 344) POW camp and assigned prison no.102726.

He lived in Canada after the war.

I loaned the collection to Stowarzyszenie Pamięci Powstania Warszawskiego 1944 (Association of the 1944 Warsaw Uprising) so you can see rest of 60+ Uprising photos with named individuals of Zgrup. "GURT"

Stowarzyszenie Pami?ci Powstania Warszawskiego 1944

But here are a few scans Peter Bianek ps. "Tony" is on the far right of the last photo marked with and "x".

What do the three bars on the war medal represent?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AK IV Zgrup. „Gurt” collection   AK IV Zgrup. „Gurt” collection  

AK IV Zgrup. „Gurt” collection   AK IV Zgrup. „Gurt” collection  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: AK IV Zgrup. „Gurt” collection

Nice collecting as far as I know each bar represents the medal being awarded so in this case this medal was awarded 4 times.But Ive always wondered why was it awarded more then once?I just know it was awarded for service in the war.

Default Re: AK IV Zgrup. „Gurt” collection

Very nice grouping. And a very nice Lamsdorf tag. I started collecting these some years ago and have a nice little well researched collection. If anyone would have any spare post-uprising POW ID tags I can offer always a very good trade offer or top $$$.
    Regards
    Al